Wanted - xs 1 or 2 gas tank..

There is a big problem with shipping used tanks to Australia. The problem is that Australia forbids it. Research it. I believe the reason is that they think you are going to send a tank filled with fumes, in other words a bomb.
I learned this the hard way. New Zealand too.
I have gotten around this by declaring the tank as a "motorcycle fairing." I have also had a tank declared as a fairing returned.
New Zealand and Australia also forbid import of used shocks. They are afraid that it will be a gas shock, under pressure, and hence, again, a bomb.

I would shy away from the eBay tank that was just linked. The two fork leg indents are too big, but more importantly, it has a Kreme liner, not a good thing. Maybe the Kreme liner would be okay in Australian -- does Australian gas have ethanol in it?

This recently came up:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/276436954743
A better choice for only a little more cash, except -- it has a 2K paint job. Not sure if that's good or bad -- maybe you can just paint over it?
Depending on how bad you want a tank, you could try to get the buyer to sell it to you off-eBay, and then declare it as a fairing. Buying it on eBay won't work, I think, because eBay uses the item title for the declaration which it automatically generates.

There is a big problem with shipping used tanks to Australia. The problem is that Australia forbids it. Research it. I believe the reason is that they think you are going to send a tank filled with fumes, in other words a bomb.
I learned this the hard way. New Zealand too.
I have gotten around this by declaring the tank as a "motorcycle fairing." I have also had a tank declared as a fairing returned.
New Zealand and Australia also forbid import of used shocks. They are afraid that it will be a gas shock, under pressure, and hence, again, a bomb.

I would shy away from the eBay tank that was just linked. The two fork leg indents are too big, but more importantly, it has a Kreme liner, not a good thing. Maybe the Kreme liner would be okay in Australian -- does Australian gas have ethanol in it?

This recently came up:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/276436954743
A better choice for only a little more cash, except -- it has a 2K paint job. Not sure if that's good or bad -- maybe you can just paint over it?
Depending on how bad you want a tank, you could try to get the buyer to sell it to you off-eBay, and then declare it as a fairing. Buying it on eBay won't work, I think, because eBay uses the item title for the declaration which it automatically generates.
i messaged him already hes checking on paperwork at the moment.. i dont like the dents in the other tank although i could fix them but theres no comparrison compared to the pink tank..the go is to just list it as used motorcycle parts.. dont state petrol tank at all..cheers..

Last edited:
Was able to do local pickup(10 min away) and he accepted my offer. If someone was shooting for Pepto Bismol they nailed it! Sorry to swoop in but it was too convenient.

Attachments

• IMG_7111.jpeg
    IMG_7111.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 11
Back