1 " throttle cable ??

XS Man 2727

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
im going to change my handlebar setup on my 81 xs650 from 7/8 to 1 inch. the question's i have is what throttle cable am i m going to need for my xs650 to work with my new HD 1 inch hand controls ? also im looking for a 1 " throttle sleeve , is there any throttle sleeve with any specfic clamp attached to it for the cables i would need for it to work ? I found this one on ebay, does anyone know if this throttle sleeve w clamp would work or not ? thanks again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-DUAL...0894&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Some H-D throttle assemblies have single cables others have dual. There are numerous styles, colors, and manufacturers of throttle assemblies for 1" handlebars, check out a Drag Specialties, custom Chrome or Jireh catalog/web site. Same is true for choices of throttle cables, pick one with the correct travel length for your carbs.
Have you figured out what to do about risers and bar clamps? Stock XS clamp area is wider than standard H-D. I went with a two piece riser set up and bars that are not knurled. And you will need different or modified riser bushings.

im getting a pair of shorty risers and i already ordered hughs riser bushings bored out 1/2 and running broomstick drag bars.. just a lil confused with what cable i should get for both levers.

Back