11mm master cylinder for single disc and 1” bars

fishandchips

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a lot of rummaging about on the forum it seems like I need the 11mm master cylinder for my single brake disc setup, will be using a single braided line too.

To save anyone time I found the Honda vt shadow 750 had a 11mm master on 1” bars, a lot more hondas and quite a few triumphs but the shadow masters looked the cleanest.

Just a quick post for info in case anyone is going the same route as me.

I’ll post a pic of it mounted when it turns up.

Ace forum this, I really hope it’s backed up often!

Cheers

Garry

It’s just the standard Caliper, just put the post up for reference really if anyone where to search of 11mm master and 1” bars. Took me a couple of hours to find it.

Garry, calipers were changed for the 1977 model year. Prior to 1977 a hard mounted dual piston caliper was used. From 1977 forward, a single piston floating caliper was installed. The 11 mm. MC works well with the later caliper, but dual piston units require a larger bore.

On my 74 RD350A, which has the exact same dual 48 mm piston caliper as the 76 and older XS, I use a 13 mm Brembo master, which works great. But it will not work that well with rototiller handlrbars though.

Ahh yes I see now, yes it’s the latter single piston. 1979 or 1980 special. Bit of a mongrel I am making but hopefully something a little different.

Hi Mike,

You know I had read your post before and only remember someone saying it was a Honda but I disregarded it as I presumed it was for the 7/8ths bars. I have read so much of this forum before the build I forget what’s where and by whom.

Happy to know that it works well.

Back