1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

-15 , STILL CHASING A DREAM

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scripto VU, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Scripto VU

Scripto VU Dukes Speed and Custom

usa.
    upload_2018-1-7_8-42-7.png

In the 70's I was a "gopher" for a friend that had 2 XS 650s with redline frames and all the baloney.
    He drove around the west coast in a Ford Hippy Van and raced at the San Jose mile, Sacramento , Ascot, Castle Rock, Sidewinders etc. I don't remember him doing really well but I think looking at the big picture- he won he got to chase his dream in real time.

Something I remember was that one of his bikes had was Sidedraft Webber carb on it that worked pretty well. Does anyone know of the conversion ? Anyone have an old manifold ? any pics ?( I guess I am trying to chase a dream 45 years later)

I know it probably goes through an inordinate amount fossil fuel, its ok i can buy more.

2. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    I had a old Jerry Branch Weber on one of my Sportsters. Liked it! This looks like a nice set up.
    [​IMG]

3. Scripto VU

Scripto VU Dukes Speed and Custom

usa.
    Wow, so cool.

I recall a symmetrical set up with equal length runners

Do you know who made this manifold!

4. drgonzo

drgonzo XS650 Enthusiast

I think it requires an aftermarket or heavily modified frame without a center down tube to allow equal length intake runners.