Free - 16” rim, spokes, nipples and tapes (and tire & tube for the cheapos ..)

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi, Gretel & Big Sue money pits.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy All!

As a result of my Special-to-Café project on which I am converting from a 16” rear wheel to an 18”, I have a complete 16” rear wheel assembly - MINUS - the 48 spoke drum brake hub.

For that reason, I am happy to put on-offer, FREE TO A GOOD HOME FOR THE PRICE OF THE RIDE:
  • ONE - 16” dia. - 48 spoke chromed steel XS650 Special II / Heritage Special rear rim;
  • ONE - complete set of 48 spokes and nipples for the rim;
  • TWO - rim tapes;
  • ONE - old, but reasonably decent tire and tube to fit same.
Now, the FINE PRINT
These parts will NOT work with an XS650 Standard 36 spoke hub;
The rim has some rust on the inside but I’d say that the outside would shine up nicely. It has no major dents and was nice and round when the wheel was disassembled using a power crew gun and the correct JIS bit.
The spokes are all OK - not shiny but not rusty - as are all of the nipples.
The rim tapes are serviceable and the tube holds air.
The tire has lots of tread left - BUT - it is old (don’t know the date) so I doubt it Is worth shipping.

Let me know if you want any of this within a week or two - free to a good home for the cost of the shipping.

I am in Canada but I can ship it within the US via USPS since I live on the border.

I must reiterate - you would need the 48 spoke XS650 rear drum brake hub for a Special II or Heritage Special to use any of these parts.

Pete

Last edited:
Back