16k and still counting!

i'm about that deep in mine and I do all my own labor. bikes are pretty cheap to me. I used to race a turbo supra. talk about a money pit.
I bet. I've got an STi here as well, don't race it but getting to be a money pit as well.
Love to see some pics of the bike.

I can dig up some pics. it's the same deal, rephased, big bore motor with lots of machine work, custom frame. acme choppers springer that was 1500.00 alone. just my front wheel was 800.00.. I don't really care, it just a hobby. you seem kinda of wrapped up on how much your spending. down here in south florida 16k isn't shit. I work for Mercedes benz and clients spend that on just service work without blinking an eye.. ohh well..

Yeah valid point.
It's not so much money, just surprised that it is where it is.
I tend to lie to myself and think things will be less than they really are.

I'm over it, thanks.

Enjoy it mate...

For the folks that didnt actually read it and just said "16k is a waste" you need to actually see what the $ are spent on.

Approx $3k in shipping, $2k in brakes etc... plus approx $1k in gauges.
Now, thats $6k on stuff MOST of us dont buy anyway...

So how many of you have spent $9k TOTAL on your bikes including all the parts he has replaced with new/upgraded? Engine rebuild, gaskets, shiny bits, alloy bits, etc?
Yeah, getting closer now arent we...

I dont think I would spend $16k on my XS but then again, I spent $11k on my 1132cc 1976 Mini ENGINE only...

Comparing apples to apples, we would have spent the same... except we choose not to buy certain things that are in this build.

I for one feel the POs pain in shipping! But thats life...

In fact, its actually not my type of build/XS that I like... but who gives a rats... I can appreciate it, the work put in and having a son - there is NO amount of $ I wouldn't spend if it meant really hanging out, working on a project together and enjoying growing up like this... absolutely none.

Now, if my Mrs ever asks... I got all my stuff for free from friends or swaps :) shhh, thats our secret ok!

Pete

Back