19 inch front rim on a special

I’m pretty sure that the stock size front wheel on all XS650s models from all years is 19”. The differences were in the rear with “Standard” models having 18” rear wheels and Specials coming with wider 16 inchers.

As to whether a particular 19” tire will fit - I suppose if you selected a really huge tire with a big profile, there could be problems.

Um, my first thought was "Of course it will O foolish one, that's how they left the factory, innit?"
OTOH, if koyuga is really asking "will that work on the back?"
Yes it will and some have done it but it's a load of work to get it right.

No stupid questions here koyuga - ask away. Often we all learn something.

Not at all............a little confusing and would have been prudent to get you to clarify instead of making guess work.

Read your older thread and the swap from the mag to spoke on the rear...........I would hazard a guess you want to replace the Mag 19" with a 36 spoke XS650 front hub with the 19" rim.

If that's what your doing any XS front wheel from 73 - 79 Standard will swap straight in. There are a lot of Us imports now so there may be some 36 spoke front 19" wheels out there but the profile on the 79-81 Special rims are different to the 74-79 Standards. 73 has a Chrome on steel 19" 36 spoke front rim

Yeah that's correct. Should've checked before I opened my mouth. Putting together my first roller/wreck. Sorta like a triumph Bonny clone.
Unfortunately a mate has done a lot of motor work with me watching. So now I have the bug, have just purchased an unfinished bobbed frame motor, this I will do myself.
Cheers.
Greg.
IMAG1310.jpg
IMAG1536.jpg
IMAG1416.jpg
IMAG1270.jpg

Back