19 inch rear

Steven Simpson

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Got a new chopper build in the works and I want to do 19 Rear and 21 front.

I have a stock 16 rear so I have the hub. And I have a STOCK 19 front wheel.

My question is, does anyone know if there's spokes out there for a 19inch rim but using the stock REAR hub??????

Probably nothing off the shelf. And you might want a wider rim for a rear. The skinny front rim gives very limited tire choice.

Give this guy a call http://www.thewheelmaster.com/ . He did the 17s on my cb550f hub and kz750b hub. He makes spokes in house and can lace and true for a very reasonable cost. He's in Kent. My pair of wheels cost $1100. I literally just told him what I want and dropped off hubs. About a week later I got a call that they were ready. So the $1100 was about $100 more per wheel than just ordering spokes and rims from Buchanan's.

Here's the wheels he did mounted up. I'm very pleased with the quality.
20190601_154923_HDR.jpg

Probably nothing off the shelf. And you might want a wider rim for a rear. The skinny front rim gives very limited tire choice.

Give this guy a call http://www.thewheelmaster.com/ . He did the 17s on my cb550f hub and kz750b hub. He makes spokes in house and can lace and true for a very reasonable cost. He's in Kent. My pair of wheels cost $1100. I literally just told him what I want and dropped off hubs. About a week later I got a call that they were ready. So the $1100 was about $100 more per wheel than just ordering spokes and rims from Buchanan's.

Awesome I am in tacoma! , I have gotten dirtbike wheels done by hime in the past don't know why I didn't think of em! Thanks!

Lol, it's easy to forget things. Your lucky to have someone like him close. I was in puyallup when I built my bike, there aren't many wheel makers out there anymore.

Another option would be an Omar’s hub kit that will convert your 19” front disc wheel to a rear wheel. When I bought mine it was around 350 bucks. But then again you didn’t mention if you have a disc or drum rear setup on your bike.

Check 19” rear tire size availability before you take the plunge.

It’s an issue that comes up often with the Norton crowd, as Commandos came from the factory stock with both 19” front and rear.

Most of the guys run Avons but don’t get a lot of mileage out of the rears because they are universal tires.

My buddy’s dad has x2 Commandos and has switched to 18” rear wheels because he previously got stranded on a trip (and had quite a bit trouble finding an readily available replacement).

Here's the wheels he did mounted up. I'm very pleased with the quality.
View attachment 178722
Nice looking ride! Fuel injected?

Hey guys.

Got a new chopper build in the works and I want to do 19 Rear and 21 front.

I have a stock 16 rear so I have the hub. And I have a STOCK 19 front wheel.

My question is, does anyone know if there's spokes out there for a 19inch rim but using the stock REAR hub??????
Did you ever find the spokes you were looking for?

Back