For Sale - 1970 yamaha xs1 xs650

Status
Not open for further replies.
This says nothing as to why anyone would spend $6000.00 on your bike. First start ??????? Since when.

To let an XS run for more than 8 Min on the stand ???????????........

The bike was built piece by piece from the ground up, starting with the frame.
June 12, 2012 was the 1st start.
Here is the video documenting the build.

That'd be an easy £5000 ($9000)over here in England,especially in green.
(PS. Id edit the 8 minute idle if I were you:eek:)

Nice bike . There are some flaws. Potential buyers should question.
1. Front reflectors should be amber
2. Rear tail light bracket should not be chrome . 70 only model painted.
3. Should have amber front turn signals .
4. All true 1970 XS1s I've seen have had the engine spacers on the head. Without them it could be an XSIB painted green.
5. You should closely look at the rear fender stay . 1970 stay is different from all other models.
Regards,
CPKID

Nice bike . There are some flaws. Potential buyers should question.
1. Front reflectors should be amber
2. Rear tail light bracket should not be chrome . 70 only model painted.
3. Should have amber front turn signals .
4. All true 1970 XS1s I've seen have had the engine spacers on the head. Without them it could be an XSIB painted green.
5. You should closely look at the rear fender stay . 1970 stay is different from all other models.
Regards,
CPKID

I can change the reflectors on the front forks too an original set of amber reflectors which are smaller than the ones current on the bike.
However the front fork reflector stays are the very rare unique larger diameter stays that must be used with the real '70 outer spring forks setup and tapered fork ears.
Turn signals were an optional item for the '70 xs1, they did not come standard. More people than not opted for the rear turn signals only. Anyways a pair of front turn signals can be added to the bike either installed off the sides of the headlight bucket or can be installed with the chrome front turn signal stays that assembles under the top fork Bolt in the tree.
VIN# S650-OO8736

I agree the rear grab bar/fender stay is not the rare unique '70 rail,
GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE

Otherwise the bike has the complete genuine original '70 XS1 front end with the real '70 outer spring forks, tappered fork ears and oversized reflector stays.
XS1 frames have one unique feature on the front neck which our bike does have.
:)

Look nice but you don't mention anything about what has been done to the bike mechanically.

12 min idling at a stand still on this one. Seems a habit how many other times have you done this to the engines. Would make me think twice if i was interested

XS1 S650-000101

S650-008736.

XS1B S650-007101.

makes it 71XS1B

FOR SALE:
1972 YAMAHA XS2 XS650
My family is the original owners of the bike.
Original miles 5400
The seat and handle bars were bought from Yamaha "Royal Oak Michigan" at the sametime the bike was bought in 1972, however the seat and handlebars are not yamaha brand parts.
PRICE $4500

Look nice but you don't mention anything about what has been done to the bike mechanically.

XS1 - Complete topend rebuild, 1st over bore (.25) new pistons, rings, pins, clips, new camshaft, new cam chain, new clutch friction disk set, new rotor, new chain guide, new drive sprocket, nut and washer, new oil filter and sump filter, gasket set, bottom end top case half OEM repainted hi-temp yamaha motor grey.....

12 min idling at a stand still on this one. Seems a habit how many other times have you done this to the engines. Would make me think twice if i was interested

Have you ever been stuck at a railroad crossing for 12 minutes waiting for a train to pass ?
On the 1st start of a bike you have to do some adjusting while its idling.
You cant just jump on it and go, kill yourself.

Have to check for gas leaks, unusual engine sounds, set the idle speed, smell for burning wires, allow for complete oil circulation from the oil pump, check the charging system, reset the timing with a strobe light, adjust and sync the carbs, check that the exhaust isnt giving out smoke, clutch test and adjust, ....

XS1 - Complete topend rebuild, 1st over bore (.25) new pistons, rings, pins, clips, new camshaft, new cam chain, new clutch friction disk set, new rotor, new chain guide, new drive sprocket, nut and washer, new oil filter and sump filter, gasket set, bottom end top case half OEM repainted hi-temp yamaha motor grey.....

XS1 S650-000101

S650-008736.

XS1B S650-007101.

makes it 71XS1B

Not what the title says,
and the frame is the '70 frame
Ive discussed this extensively with Mark Tomlinson http://www.marks650yamahas.com/
rebadgeexplain.jpg

So I'm just a kibitzer (with a 70 myself) but if I am selling a bike I take a LOT (20-30) of large photos and post them up to a web page with thumbnails. there are always lots of little things and a blurry video just doesn't help sort those out. Is it a numbers matching bike? what is the serial number? You had posted some pics to a build thread earlier? I know I have seen that frame by the rock wall before. Looks good to me. My painter says next week for my 70 tins, of course he has been saying that for at least 8 months now....

Oh what was it like dealing with Mark? He is close to me and I may need to deal with him at some point.

So I'm just a kibitzer (with a 70 myself) but if I am selling a bike I take a LOT (20-30) of large photos and post them up to a web page with thumbnails. there are always lots of little things and a blurry video just doesn't help sort those out. Is it a numbers mathcing bike? what is the serial number? You had posted some pics to a build thread earlier? I know I have seen that frame by the rock wall before. Looks good to me. My painter says next week for my 70 tins, of course he has been saying that for at least 8 months now....

Yes a numbers matching bike.
All my bikes are.
I have hundreds of pictures, I just threw the videos out there instead.
Serious interests with cash will have much more to look at than most other sellers make available.

So I'm just a kibitzer (with a 70 myself) but if I am selling a bike I take a LOT (20-30) of large photos and post them up to a web page with thumbnails. there are always lots of little things and a blurry video just doesn't help sort those out. Is it a numbers matching bike? what is the serial number? You had posted some pics to a build thread earlier? I know I have seen that frame by the rock wall before. Looks good to me. My painter says next week for my 70 tins, of course he has been saying that for at least 8 months now....

Oh what was it like dealing with Mark? He is close to me and I may need to deal with him at some point.

Dealing with Mark is great.
I still talk with him almost everyday going over my bikes.
Excellent work priced accordingly, so it isnt cheap for paint and bodywork.
He has done 4 complete paint and bodywork jobs for me and everything is great.

I'll chime in here. Mark Tomlinson is not only a friend of mine, but is an artist in the true sense, and a stand up honest guy. He's definately "what you see is what you get". Even if I didn't know him, I'd have no issues dealing with him.
Cafefill

XS1 S650-000101

S650-008736.

XS1B S650-007101.

makes it 71XS1B

wow, man this dude is seriously tread jacking! its like he has something personal against the seller, i have never seen a man have to defend himself as much as he has when trying to sell something... if you dont like it keep it to yourself is my opinion, you aint got to buy it! in the midwest states this would be known as a "cockblock"! Im not interested in his bike but im not going to bash him on it either.....

Well Ole 650skull is that way, he's not picking just on scobman.....:laugh:
But the good part is some respectful discussion on a for sale thread keeps it up at the top on the new posts link.:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back