For Sale - 1972 Yamaha XS2 XS650 original owner 5475 miles

scobman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
1972 Yamaha XS2 XS650 for SALE !!!!!
Im the original owner, the bike was bought brand new in 1972 in Royal Oak Michigan.
The bike has 5475 original miles and almost everything is oem original.
The king/queen seat, sissy bar and the handlebars were bought from the yamaha dealer at the sametime as the bike was bought and Yamaha installed them before the bike came home. The seat isnt a yamaha manufactured seat, it has a German manufactures name on a sticker under the seat. The seat is 100% genuine black thick leather with tied in leather covered buttons. The seat is in perfect condition, no rips, tears or holes.
The handlebars may be yamaha manufactured bars, but I dont remember if they were or not. The bike does have new paint. The electric starter isnt functioning at this moment but Im working on it and it will be operational. Original front and rear brake pads, original tires (not rotten).
The motor top end had to be rebuilt with brand new yamaha (speed and sport) cylinders, pistons, rings, pins and clips. The cylinder head was painted black a few months after buying the bike in 1972. I REGRET THAT.
After rebuilding the top end of the motor, the bike started right up on the 1st kick.
SEE THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE VERY BOTTOM UNDER THE PICTURES !!!
Don't really need or want to sell it, but I'll throw it out there for $4250
The bike is in Arizona.
Check out the '70 XS1 we have posted for sale too !!!!

JonMotorcycle002.jpg

JonMotorcycle005.jpg

Motorcycle2010Red002.jpg

JonMotorcycle001.jpg