1973 TX 650 Rebuild

Excitement today when my painter called to say that the paint was done, but disappointment when told the decal kit that I ordered and received 2 months ago was too brittle and dried out to apply.
A respectful yet firm email has been sent to the supplier which will be followed up promptly

Excitement today when my painter called to say that the paint was done, but disappointment when told the decal kit that I ordered and received 2 months ago was too brittle and dried out to apply.
A respectful yet firm email has been sent to the supplier which will be followed up promptly

Wow! I didn’t realize your tins were away for paint. Too bad about the decal. How was the condition of the inside of the tank? Any lining involved?

I think that the '73 and the '75 are among the most attractive schemes ever put on a factory bike. The gold, white and black '75 is tasteful and classy while the blue with black and brown of the '73 is so striking!

No pics yet.
Went to discuss the decal set with the painter. He showed me how the gold/brown lower decal would just not
conform to the shape of the tank. I thought about it and decided to scrap the lower gold/brown decal and use only the black scallops which also appear to be a bit better pre-formed.
While straying from the original colour scheme, I think the tank will look better without the third colour.
Guess I will find out later this week.
The rest of the tins are gorgeous.

FA11602A-7250-48D7-9649-3F71792ED3B4.gif

The supplier refunded me the cost of the decals so all is well. Big shout out to XS650 Direct, thanks for resolving this.
My painter will do the black scallop and apply the gold pin stripe next week, so time to get serious about lacing a set of wheels.

Back