1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

1973 tx650: BS38 carb rebuild prices

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mitchy mitch, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Mitchy mitch

Mitchy mitch XS650 Enthusiast

Ive ran into a problems rebuilding my carburetors. I would rather have someone that knows what they are doing rebuild them and save me a huge headache.. Ive seen posts where people offer rebuilding them for $25 bucks each but i was not able to find them. So i was wondering if anyone can link me to someone they know that can rebuild them or possibly give me a qoute . Thanks.

2. angus67

angus67 Welder's penetrate deeper!!

What problems are you running into? Throttle shaft seals?
    Everything else is pretty straight forward, unless your pilot is stuck and stripped.

3. Mitchy mitch

1. The bike was sitting for 30+ years and had gas in them that has gone bad.
    2. The rebuild kits i ordered from mikes were not the complete kit that i needed. It is missing the side gasket and other parts.

Its not really a problem of not knowing how to do it. I would just rather have someone that knows what theyre doing rebuild them.

4. hooser

hooser XS650 Addict

IOWA
    Don't waist your money, buy a set of 34mm mikunis for MMM out there in CA or from me at www.hoosracing.com. I have them for $390.00 as a kit with intakes, filters and cable. Plus a few extra jet to get you dialed in. Check with Mike for his prices, Gary
    PS. when you talk to Mike tell him Gary at Hoosracing said hi. It's been a while.

5. Mitchy mitch

Im on a budget right now so $390 is a little too pricey. but i will defintely be ordering a pair of those in the future. Thanks.