Sold / Found / Inactive - 1974-1975 Mufflers, solid driver quality

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
DSC02792.jpg

I would really like to see these gone. All reasonable offers considered. Will sell individually or as a pair. Make offer.
I have an account with FedEx and get a reduced rate, so I can ship one for just $20, or both for $30 to the continental U.S. Possibly less if you are close to Texas.

DSC02796.jpg

The left side is cosmetically pretty nice, with just a couple of small dings.

DSC02794.jpg

The right side is a little rougher.
See next two posts for detail pics.

DSC02813.jpg

Here is the Left-side muffler.

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

Threads on the muffler are good. Threads in the muffler nut are a little wallowed-out, but are usable.

DSC02804.jpg

There is a little rust-through on the end of the baffle. Otherwise very solid inside and outside.

DSC02807a.jpg
DSC02808a.jpg
DSC02809a.jpg
DSC02810a.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

This is the Right-side muffler. A little bit dinged, and a little road rash at the rear, but the rash is low, where it won’t be too noticeable.

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

Threads on the muffler and the muffler nut are good.

DSC02805.jpg

Has a very tiny hole at the end of the baffle. Otherwise very solid inside and outside.

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

The rust spot in the center of this pic will be hidden by the passenger peg when mounted.

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

If you want, I can add the rear mounting brackets/passenger foot rests, and/or the front P-strap mounts.

DSC02801.jpg

I also have the 1974-1975 headers. These are pretty nice, and I want fair market price for them. They will ship separately from the mufflers.

does both muffler nuts come off ? or is it only one of them ?
I do have a complete set '75 mufflers and headers, however not in as good condition as these.
as i do not want to offend you - what's an acceptable offer - I'm new to restoration of these old ladies and not quiet sure of price levels yet.
regards
p.s I'm in NE Florida not sure shipping would be much less than what you estimated - actually surprised if it can ship @ $30

Yes, both muffler nuts come off -- look at all of the pics again, and you will see. The muffler nut threads are good, and the threads on the end of the mufflers are good. The threads in the left nut are a a little loose, but are still usable and work.
I am absolutely good with $30 shipping -- that's for both mufflers (and nuts), but does not include the headers or anything else.
I'm sending you a PM..........

will take a closer look as well as check my own headers, whether theses are in nicer condition. reverting.

The chrome on both headers is very decent. Left header is good. The right header has a dent -- I hid it in the picture by laying the other header on top of it. It is at the lower bend, and is on the low side, so it won't be too noticeable when installed. I'll take pictures if you are interested.

DSC02981.JPG

Dent is on bottom side of left header at lower bend.
DSC02980.JPG

This is the installed position. Hardly noticeable. The dark areas are just grime. The rust spots are just shallow surface rust, with some tiny pits. Will clean up nicely.
DSC02982.JPG

There is one small, shallow, light scrape on the left header, circled. The right header is completely free of dents, dings, or scrapes.
DSC02984.JPG

Right header. Will clean up very nicely.

Back