Make Offer - 1974 tx 650

I went and looked at that bike about 4 months ago. What the seller doesn't mention is that the bike spent some time outside with no carbs on it. Also, the left headpipe is collapsed inside. If the engine is good (as he states), and the carbs are cleaned, why doesn't it currently run? A lot of shady sellers in this area.

Thanks danno for the heads up. I was almost tempted to take a trip and check this one out myself. You saved me time, fuel and certainly aggravation :banghead: Why is it people just can't be truthful in their descriptions..... If you or any other xs650.com members need any deals checked out here in western NY before you make a long drive only to be disappointed let me know and I will be happy to check them out first for you.......BG

Hey, BigGeorge. The Ithaca craigslist bike IS still decent, but it has some rust issues, and little bits of chrome, hardware, and fork tubes get expensive in short order. Still very likely worth his asking price if there isn't anything fishy with the paperwork. Wish I could find an unmolested titled 74 - 79 Standard frame for mine. I have all the parts to put this bike back to stock. Except a legit title...

Attachments

• 1974 TX 650.jpg
    1974 TX 650.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 213
NY is tough with titles. 12 million Illegal aliens running around the country and they worry about a 30+ year old motorcycle...

Back