1974 XS650 - New to me!

Seanstar

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Just picked this up today after waiting years to finally give in to the urge.
Original owner from the late '70s, and parked in a storage locker since 1985. Now in my garage today 2020. This should be fun. Still has 2 keys and code tag on the ring and ~9000 miles on it.

Time to get busy!

Attachments

• IMG_4577.JPG
    IMG_4577.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 217
Welcome good score.
Looks like an aftermarket exhaust and bars which both look interesting. Post more pics when you get a chance.

;)
I think he said he added the Harley bars back in the day, and the back seat rest for his "EX" wife, then stated maybe he should have left that off..haha.
Why the didn't think of that. Come to think of it, I don't remember any of them ever getting on the back of the bike. Maybe because most of them had rear sets and no back pegs .;)

Welcome Seanstar
The TXA is my favorites because it was the first year of the strengthened frame which made quite a difference. It was before the EPA destroyed the carbs and I really like the round master cylinder that just be unscrewed to check the level.

A few things to help narrow down what you. Look at the tops of the carbs for the word Solex. If it is there then they are probably the original carbs (which is a good thing).

Check and make sure that everything is snugged up tight. But not too tight. I've heard a rumor here that the 650 tends to shed things that aren't holding real well in including the rider.:love:

I had my TXA since it was about a year old so I know a few things about what fits and what won't. If you have a question there are quiet a few people that are knowledgeable on every corner of these beasts.

Edit
looking at the pictures it is a 74 or later.. You can tell by the rear footpeg mounts.

Last edited:
Back