Sold / Found / Inactive - 1975 and 1978 standard lot for Sale in NC

Doggonit, how is it that these awesome 78 black covers didn't migrate all the way across the USA to that 78E
:umm:
My dang green covers look like the were in the Pacific Northwest forest camping for years.. lol
never say never on a trade lol

Attachments

• 20210509_142318.jpg
    20210509_142318.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 20210509_142208.jpg
    20210509_142208.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 20210509_142238.jpg
    20210509_142238.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 20210509_144559.jpg
    20210509_144559.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 142
I have to keep slapping my hand back as it hoovers over the PM icon...............
Me too. Keep looking around trying to figure out if there is any way possible to fit that much stuff in my shop. I do have a basement. It's just full of non bike stuff. Stairs I hate stairs.

looks very organized Gordon :), I agree bikes tend to get heavier as we age - I'm riding a BMW R1200GS as well, it used to be easier to get it on the center stand - now it's about timing it right haha

Okay for those following the saga......this gas situation here in the Southeastern US has caused me to reschedule for next Friday. Everything is finally ready to go. Might give the buyer time to make room for this stuff.

So it’s going to be quiet for awhile.

Gordon in a gasless ( for now thanks to the panic buyers) NC

I’m going to make sure I mention those really nice side covers Machine has to trade. There is an extra set of green tins in the mix. But almost everything “could” use new paint if a person was so inclined.
That trade with Machine was one of the things that slipped through the cracks. Other one was a fellow wanted a copy of the Shoei hard bag keys. All that happened around the same time I hit the wall in the shop and pretty much completely quit picking up a wrench. Getting this stuff ready to move has re- motivated me.

Gordon

I’m exited to go through the “lot” , was planning on getting started on a Honda CB750F2 from ‘77, which is stripped to the frame - engine out but in bad shape - that’s going on the afterburner for a while - got exited about the xs650’s when I found my first ‘75 after 33 years, and they are frankly a lot easier to work on than the 4 cyl/carb Honda’s :)
Got gas though - panick didn’t reach the beach !

I’m going to make sure I mention those really nice side covers Machine has to trade. There is an extra set of green tins in the mix. But almost everything “could” use new paint if a person was so inclined.
That trade with Machine was one of the things that slipped through the cracks. Other one was a fellow wanted a copy of the Shoei hard bag keys. All that happened around the same time I hit the wall in the shop and pretty much completely quit picking up a wrench. Getting this stuff ready to move has re- motivated me.

Gordon
So is everything sold?

So is everything sold?
BowlingSS.......yes it all went as a lot. Gota take the turds with the jewels. My guess is.......after the buyer ( Niels B) goes through and picks what he wants to keep.....the leftovers might be for sale. I mean how many sets of hard bags does a man need? ( in my case 4.....:shrug:) But I’m the kind of fellow that when I need a bolt or bit....I love just walking across the shop and pick one out.

Gordon in NC ........where it’s getting worst not better on the gas front.

Yes it’s crazy. The sky is falling so grab all your fuel cans and hurry to the gas station. IF......none of this had hit the news.........we would have never been able to tell anything happened. Life would have gone on as usual. Panic buying is a thing nowadays.........screw you and yours I’m getting mine.

Okay.....I said it’d be quiet but......a short XS story.
I went into the Black 78 to install a starter kit. The stock spring was very weak. At the same time I added some chrome outer covers because I despise polishing anything. Love the look just hate the task. So.........I had the clutch side buttoned up. Needed to finish up on the other side when I fell headfirst into a slump as far as my hobby goes. I got to a point I didn’t even want to pick up a wrench......so the bike sat in the shop unfinished. It ran when parked ( ever heard that before?) so I figured all I had to do was tighten up a few things and it would be fine.

Note to the non owning XS650 Gordon, remember how important it is to index the pressure plate and remember which way the kickstart quad goes. That will save you LOTS of time if you ever go inside one again. Bless this site, the search option and the folks that are generous enough to take the time to explain ( w/photos) how to tackle stuff like this. It truly is like having all of you sitting in my shop.

Gordon

Better photo of the running (black) 78E. I'm keeping that small windscreen that was on the bike in another photo. I went in and installed the starter gear kit and while I was doing it....added chrome outer engine covers. New chain and both sprockets, rebuild front end, rebuilt carbs, new front brakes (complete), new battery, new grips,new tires/tubes (bead balanced), stock seat added, new manual petcocks, new plugs, points....all filters replaced. One of the gauges (tach?) works but has a bad spot (heat?) on the face. Have a good set of replacement gauges.

My bike hauling rig......when hauling one bike, it has worked well. Hitch up the 5' x 8' for the sidecar rig....still does okay. But try to haul 5 XS650s..........hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes: what was I thinking?

Gordon in NC
Lovely BSA. Looks like a Starfire. Or is it a Victor.

Rasputin........that’s my 1967 B44R Victor Roadster. That one ( I have another) is my sidecar rig’s tug. It’s a long story but the readers digest version is.....I lent the bike to some visitors from England. They put 1600 miles on it ( without the sidecar attached) Somewhere along the trip they threw a chain and at the time they didn’t know it had cracked the engine case. I finally have the engine ready to reinstall but it’s been a long journey. It’s my camping rig and I’ve missed it.
If you think I ended up with a lot of XS650 stuff.......I’ve been wrenching, riding and collecting BSA unit singles since 1969. I gota bunch of that stuff.

Gordon

Delivery got rescheduled because of the gas scare. Scheduled to happen this Friday.

I gave the buyer an refusal option. I want both parties to be comfortable with the deal.... so this stuff could still be available.

There is a second person interested and will be contacted if need be.

Gordon in NC

X-mas in May - love it. Nice finally meeting you Gordon - thanks for the delivery and all you help. I’m truly looking forward to the “work” and yes I’m aware there’s a few guys on this site that were looking for various pcs, I’ll revert on that issue when I have had a chance to got through all this !

Hey Gordon---It's hard for me to believe that it has been 25 years since the speedway closed. I loved that place.........

tim

Back