Sold / Found / Inactive - 1975 Cafe Project...MAKE ME AN OFFER

lidirtrider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE-
Drained fuel tank, old stinky gas, but no corrosion in tank, thanksk to the POR-15. Petcocks and carbs need to be cleaned/rebuilt. I'm going to order the parts from mikesxs to get it going, but will gladly sell if you want it as is.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST

Ok folks, I've finally come to the point where I just can't keep this bike any longer. What started out as project to learn on, became a sort of therapy for me, but now, it's time to move on.

I have a 1975 XS650. It is a "running" projects, however, it will still need some work to get back into tip top shape. I purchased 2 of them together about 7 years ago. One was listed as a "complete running" bike, and the other was a basket case, it literally came with a basket full of parts, and was basically just the frame and lower half of the engine.

The "running" bike did not run. I brought it back to life and rode it around here and there, then I got the project bug. So here's what I have done over the course of the years since I've owned it:

- Complete Fork rebuild with all new seals,and Progressive Suspension springs
- New Hagon rear shocks from Dave Quinn cycles
- Completely rebuilt Carbs, all new seals, gaskets, jets, etc. and new brass floats
- Completely rebuilt petcocks
- Fiberglass cafe seat added ( original, recovered seat included)
- Tank cleaned and sealed with POR-15 Tank sealant
- Turn signals and relay replaced
- Hugh's Handbuilt Hydraulic "Pit Bike" clutch
- Clip-on style Handle Bars
- Pandemonium Cycles Brembo Front Caliper Kit, with stainless brake line and Modern style master cylinder
- Custom Cast aluminum "13" alternator rotor cover
- Various minor parts and pieces, such as tires, brakes, wiring, nuts/bolts etc have been replaced as needed

Included but not installed:
- New chain and sprockets, plus all new sprocket lock tabs
- New street fighter style headlamp assembly
- Trailtech speedo/tach
- Original (what I bought it with) seat
- plus whatever else I can find lying around that goes with it

I recently started it up after it sat all winter, and it definitely needs a full tune up, and probably a good carb cleaning. Other than that it's good to go, if you like how it looks. I Have a clean transferable New York Registration, in my name, for this bike. It’s not the prettiest example of a XS650, but it was, and can be, a very solid running bike. I’d like to see $1500 for it, but I am open to reasonable offers. I think that is a fair price since someone that has knowledge of these bikes could get this bike running great in a couple hours. The bike is garage kept, and located in Long Island, New York. Obviously a local sale is preferred, but I’m willing to sell to anyone that can take it.

I realize that this is a large, long winded post, but I wanted to be clear about what has been done to, and the condition of this bikes. It's hard to articulate all the minor details in one simple post, so I invite anyone interested to to reply here, or send me a private message with a phone number, and I will be happy to answer any questions.

95C1F3D8-3017-4D47-B940-C13FFA928717.JPG 988BF118-7107-4A15-9C93-60A1A7F2695A 2.JPG UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1049.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1051.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104f.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1050.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104e.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104a.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104d.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104b.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_104c.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1052.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1053.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back