1977 xs650 street tracker wiring

punnett440

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I’m building a 1977 XS650 street tracker and I need help doing the wiring. My question is what stays and what can go? Has anybody else done a wiring harness on. 77 that can help?

There are many drawings on this site, have a look around. To help you people will need to know what you are running. PMA, or stock charging, ignition system, electric start or kick only, indicators or not , neutral light that sort of stuff.

I’m keeping it stock ignition and charging system for now. It will have the turn signals and neutral light because the aftermarket gauge has it in it. The hand controls are new but stock.

Welcome punnett440. Google....XS650 Yamaha street tracker wiring.......there are several diagrams there that you should be able to use.

Welcome..............go to.........Tech menu............Electrical............wiring diagrams..............have a look, if you get confused then ask again.

If you want a custom made to your bike harness I do make them. If you are staying with your stock handlebar switches and just want lights front and back - turn signals - neutral light - brake switches front and back - and your ignition and charging system you are looking at $150.00 with you sending me your handlebar switches and mini gauge so I can hook up everything. You will only have to wire in lights and brake switches.
Contact me on here or DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM if you want one made up
Rich

Sounds like your end configuration will be practically stock, might just as well buy a new stock harness from Mike's. $80.00 or so well spent.

That is true but you have to get the right one from mikes and you have to have all the relays that the stock harness wants. Then you have to figure out how to install it. If someone building a chopper or cafe or tracker they want less not more. If it was a stone stock rebuild back to stock looking I agree with you 100%.

Back