1977 yamaha 650 d restoration files

Upper Trip aluminum clamp finishing

• paint stock

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • polish aluminum

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
used a dial it checked out, the rubbing is not coming from the sides its the leading edge of the rotor?!? lol this is a gremlin and a half!

Well you have me intrigued but a trip the shed to look at brakes will have to wait till tomorrow. Nice video! don't we wish all trouble shooting came with video. since it's edge I agree the clips or the inside of the carrier. Are the clips aftermarket?

yes the are mikes... however I think I just figured it out...
I loosened the mounting bolts pulled the caliper back as far as i could, it actually moved about 2mm's tightened her down, and goodbye noise! now all you hear is the purr of brake pads that arent seated yet! lol

but yeah I would not have thought to do that until now.... hmmm wonder why the slop in the mounting holes.

MAIDEN VOYAGE! ooh IRON MAIDEN! ooh ooh ooh, how great it was.
wife followed me to DMV to get plates and vin inspection.

all went very very well. I need to do some small adjustments, and I think I need to replace my caliper piston seal up front, found some fluid weeping and losing pressure.

but over all, WHAT A DAMN RIOT...
I am so impressed with this machine, I remember when I started this I thought of myself as a honda guy, this thing blows away my old 550 and 750, it is so smooth, great power band, sounds great, and of course when I stopped for food tonight, I was sitting there and a guy walked in looked around and said, " Is that your xs out there?"

Conrats, job well done. You have a well documented restoration that makes many others want to finish theirs including myself.

but over all, WHAT A DAMN RIOT...
I am so impressed with this machine, I remember when I started this I thought of myself as a honda guy, this thing blows away my old 550 and 750, it is so smooth, great power band, sounds great, and of course when I stopped for food tonight, I was sitting there and a guy walked in looked around and said, " Is that your xs out there?"

The pearls of parade......Great! ennit?

Goindg to ride today if I can with SSERES, although if it doesnt dry up I suppose not,

AWESOME ride! AWESOME weather! How much fun was that?? Now we just need to get pictures of when we're actually riding...

full

full

full

Nice fellers, that's what it's all about! But seriously, TWO cameras and no shots of you riding?:D Yeah, I know, when your having fun documentation is the last thing on your mind. Good on ya!

Nice fellers, that's what it's all about! But seriously, TWO cameras and no shots of you riding?:D Yeah, I know, when your having fun documentation is the last thing on your mind. Good on ya!

I couldn't figure out how to clutch AND shoot pictures with my other hand :laugh:

Nice!! I just looked at your first set of pics and compared them to this set. Man what a difference!You've got a really good looking bike lawrgj. Glad you got a chance to get out and ride.

Thanks john, there is not one single nut, bolt, screw, alle, washer, piece of rubber, etc, that has not been refurbed or replaced, it is like a time machine...

awesome job!!! hope mine comes out that nice what bend are your handle bars? The stock bars have to go on my 78. Don,t know what yamaha was thinking when they made those bars not only are they ugly they do not make for a comfortable ride either

Back