For Sale - 1977 Yamaha xs650 and spare xs 650 motor AND Parts - $2300

inappropriate

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Up for sale is a 1977 Yamaha xs650 and spare xs 650 motor

I put a lot of time and some money into this project. Priorities have changed and I'm selling this bike along with a bunch of parts to go with it.

This Blue 1977 Yamaha has been completely stripped to the frame - Check out the pictures.

The frame is stock except for a bracket that holds a custom aluminum electrical box, And a mount welded for the small aluminum rear fender.

It has:
New tapered fork bearings.
The fork tubes have been lowered and new seals installed.
New Firestone tire up front with new wheel bearings.
New tire in back with new wheel bearings.
New chain and sprocket.
Custom seat pan and vinyl cover.
The engine is stock and has a aluminum speedo delete and the aluminum Oil Filter/Cooler.
It has stiff 12 inch shocks in the rear to keep it real low-profile.
The carbs have a fresh rebuild And work good.
The gas tank has the liquid liner installed.
NEW SHORAI Lithium-Iron battery - and comes with the Lithium-Iron battery tender.
Custom welded aluminum electrical box tucked neatly under the seat.
The electrical is simple, it has a kill switch, starter button a taillight and a headline.

The bike is 95% finished - the engine that in is in it weeps a small amount of oil - the plan was to run the motor that is in temporarily while I rebuilt the other motor that is included...

The Other issue is it has the stock charging system which are notorious for under charging ext. It does have a brand-new lithium-ion battery however, putting in a permanent magneto alternator would make it bulletproof - if you plan on doing any long rides it needs a PMA.

So, what's included:
1. A running 1977 Yamaha xs650
2. one spare motor to rebuild
3. And a bunch of extra parts. All that is in the pictures...

It's a pretty good deal considering all that is included. Cash obo.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_2425.jpeg
1-77xs650parts.jpg
IMG_2479.jpg
IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2443.jpg
    IMG_2443.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 216
@xs650skull - the vin numbers are for the French Blue xs650c however it has a clean Minnesota title that says 1977

common for "back in the day", buy a 76 past the date of Jan 1 1977, Susie at DMV puts in the system as a 77,nobody cares for 40 years, til now.

If it was local, I would likely consider it..but to put it back as a stocker.

Last edited:
Back