1978 Mikuni BS38 needle valves and seats...whats the part number

dunnroadmafia

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im goin to pick up some parts and pieces to service my carbs this week and need to know if there is (or what it is) a part # for the needle valves and seats. The carbs are Mikuni BS38 CV of a 1978. By part number i mean are the categorized like my main jets where the # is P/N N102/221(small round main). I know there a 2.0 but i would just like to make sure i know what im asking for at the store. I have read the carb guide over and over (awesome info by the way) but cant seem to find this unless im just missing it which is possible. Just want to say that between the carb guide and the information i found searching the forums, i feel very confident with servicing these carbs.

Thanks quinn

Well i think i may have answered my own question, but through google searching i beleive the correct part number for the needle valve to be VM26/26-2.0. I this correct?

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-168-14190-20-00.html
Go here and you can buy them yourself. This is the correct part number for the genuine Mikuni float valves, and they are the only ones you want. If you are going to go to the store and have them order them for you, use this number. The parts catalog refers to them as needle valves, but carb re-builders call them float valves.

Back