1979 heritage special brass tubeover main jet?

restroem

XS650 Member
Reaction score
In the disassemble, instead of seeing the main jet screw accessible beneath the floats, I have two brass tubes? I don't want to force anything, how do I access the main jet to get it out then??? Puzzled :)shrug::shrug:I can see the main jet screwed in on the inside of the carb, so it's there)

What carbs are you talking about? The heritage special built only in 82-83 uses BS34 carbs All models of 79 XS650 used BS38s
BS38s have the main jets in the bottom of the float bowls, the BS34s have the mains screwed into the emulsion tube on the bottom of the carb body.
Perhaps if you show us a picture????

Looked around your other posts it seems you have a 79 Special which has BS38s

I think you need to put down your screwdriver, go here http://www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf
and read read read. then when you think you have it understood go look at your carbs some more, good luck.

Yes, if you have BS38s, the main jet is mounted in the float bowl and accessed up through the drain bolt like so .....

Stubby2.jpg

This is my first, cleaning carbs myself, so I'm being very cautious (nervous). Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated. I found what I needed to continue, thanks Gary & 5Twins!

Last edited:
Back