For Sale - 1979 Standard in Wi

mm1ut1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Very nice ‘79 standard. Finishing up my fourth season with her and time to let her go. Daddy’s little girl going for her master’s and the money all goes to her.
Motorcycle runs great. Only issue is left fork seal weeps a small amount. 14k miles, new battery, updated ignition, coils, plug wires. Bike has been repainted and looks great. Tires have about 4000 miles on them. I only rode it a few hundred miles this year.
$3000.00 takes it home. Bike is in Sheboygan, Wi 257288AB-9106-4608-9ECE-B91E200B6BAA.jpegCE19AFD3-DB13-4EF3-BC97-434943BFEFA3.jpeg

Both motorcycles no longer for sale.

Last edited:
Nice bike, even nicer that the money is going to a great cause. I went into debt for my Masters - no regrets at all because of the doors it opened for me, but I'd rather not have that payment every month... Good luck with your sale - hope it goes quick for what you're asking!

Nice bike, even nicer that the money is going to a great cause. I went into debt for my Masters - no regrets at all because of the doors it opened for me, but I'd rather not have that payment every month... Good luck with your sale - hope it goes quick for what you're asking!

I totally concur with Buzzword. I'm still paying for my graduate degrees 30 years later - but don't really regret the price paid.

Great looking bike, it will be a good buy for some lucky person. Wishing your daughter best of luck with her masters too!

Oh now that’s just mean! I had one of those 750 triples and loved it! I’ve had a sweet spot for them ever since, they’re a great bike and you hardly ever find nice old unmolested originals like that. Sigh......if only :(

Well I talked to my daughter yesterday. She has moved to Dayton, Ohio and plans on waiting until January or next fall to start on her Master’s at Dayton University. She has a temp job and is working on getting into a program where she does research while getting her degree. Long story short I will honor my offer until September first. After that I will withdraw it. Hopefully she will get into the program and I will be able to keep both bike, otherwise I will put them back up in the spring.
E8195881-4DFF-4EDE-B6C1-9D58B62485B7.jpeg

The “Both bikes for $4000.00” offer is no longer being offered. I will still accept reasonable offers . Wifey is talking about getting a convertible next year at the expense of my small motorcycle collection. It’s either that or get a goldwing which I refuse to do. As Charlie Brown says, “Sigh”.

As Charlie Brown says, “Sigh”.....

———————————————————

You're a good man
....oooops - sorry.

Insensitive remark.

All the best to your daughter - education is a great investment.

Pete

Last edited:
Back