For Sale - 1979 XS650 Street Tracker

pregrid

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
For Sale: 1979 XS650 Street Tracker. Powder coated frame and many, many other pieces. Only 650 miles since build. New top end. Many new parts. Pamco ignition, Hugh's hydraulic clutch conversion, Omar's tank, seat/rear fender, handle bars, fork brace. New Mikuni VM34's with velocity stacks, Shorai battery, NOS Redwing Hammerhead shocks. Virtually every nut and bolt replaced including front and rear axles. New bronze swingarm bushings. LOTS more. Clear CA title. Located in S.F. Bay Area. WAY too much to list here. email pregrid@yahoo.com for more pics/info or call or text 510-709-6725. Build thread here:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7059

$6500.00 firm

niles2012011.jpg

Tell me your selling this to build another. I'm not a tracker fan but that is a great looking bike

Tell me your selling this to build another. I'm not a tracker fan but that is a great looking bike

Thanks. It was a blast building this and yes, I'm selling this to start another build. Don't know exactly what yet but I'm gettin' itchy. Stay tuned.

Somehow I'm not surprised. Wondering, and I think I could relate: Is it a case of, The chase is greater than the conquest? What will the next project be? Great bike, Dave. Good luck with the sale.

Somehow I'm not surprised. Wondering, and I think I could relate: Is it a case of, The chase is greater than the conquest? What will the next project be? Great bike, Dave. Good luck with the sale.

yup. Don't know what's next yet. It was a ton of fun. Filled my entire first year of retirement. I can tell you the next project won't be so bloody expensive.

yup. Don't know what's next yet. It was a ton of fun. Filled my entire first year of retirement. I can tell you the next project won't be so bloody expensive.

I have to retire so I can finish mine!! 50 working days to go! Jan 15th, addios! Exspensive? I wish you would have been selling yours when I started thinking about building mine. I wouldn't have saved any money, but time wise...... :banghead: But I also say the build is way more than half the fun.

gorgeous tracker and for the price, thats a steal!!!

Thanks, tho few people would agree with you. Market price is a lot lower, on average, but there are few details i did not attend to. any potential buyer would have to have an extended discussion with me to really appreciate the amount of work that went into this build.

Can we talk? No I'm not a buyer though if I was that kind of buyer yours looks awesome!

OK here's my real question; after all the blood sweat and tears and the whole pride of the builder thing, the Husky is a better all around ride?
If this post offends you in any way I'll delete it.
Maybe it's my crotchity age but your XS is hands down the better looking bike.

Back