For Sale - 1979 Yamaha XS650 lanesplitter bobber

Status
Not open for further replies.

erklep

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Here is my 1979 xs650 that was completed in March 2011. Starts right up(kickstart) and runs great. Clean and clear title. I have rebuilt the top end and detailed the head, jug and cases. Timing and valves are spot on and she runs with plenty of power. I added brand new vm34mm mikuni roundslides with K&N filters that add a bunch of extra power. It also has a Mac 2into1 exhaust system which also increases power. Frame was modified to a drop seat and new shock mounts were added to accept the brand new chrome Rebel shocks. You'll be sitting on a brand new Biltwell tuck and roll slim solo seat which is super comfy and fits the seat rails of the bike perfectly. I have added an axed/alien egg tank and new petcock from Lowbrow Customs. The handlebars are custom tig welded high and narrow pyramid window bars. Bike has all new cables and custom wiring harness. Custom battery box was mounted below the swingarm which is nearly entirely hidden. Brand new battery installed. Keyed ignition with high/low beam halogen bates style headlight and dual bullet rear running/brake lights. Brand new 520 chain with 32 tooth rear sprocket which allows faster highway speeds. I have converted the front end to accept a 21 inch drum front which also has a mini, white-faced speedometer running off it which is nice and tucked away but still very visible for the rider to see. Rear 16 inch wheel to compliment the front 21'' wheel; both with new tubes,tires and brakes. The fork legs have been shaved of the old brake and fender tabs and then brushed. Front end has been lowered 3 inches and new fork seals and oil was done as well. New aluminum pegs were fitted along with new grips. I rebuilt the swingarm and added upgraded bronze bushings and new dust seals. Triple tree was shaved of any unnecessary tabs. All-Balls tapered roller bearings have been installed in the neck. Aluminum solid handlebar risers have been added to rid any floppyness in the front end. Side mount license plate with tool pouch on the backside. Aluminum Magura throttle. Pamco electronic ignition system which deletes the points so you have no worries on the road. Brand new dual fire coil and ngk plugwires. New plugs. Harley softail duckbill rear fender to add some character. All parts have been painted with either gloss black or stain silver epoxy paint which is just as durable as powdercoat and can easily be touched up if needed. Alot of other small fabrication work was done to the bike. The only thing she needs is a coat of paint on the tins and she could win some tropheys; unless you prefer the ratty/ patina look, leave them bare and rack up the miles.

stripped down, bare-bones bobber! a frame and a motor... nothing to go wrong. she is super quick and tons of fun to throw into corners. handles really well and is a blast to ride. ive put about 400 miles on her since completed and im smiling from ear to ear everytime i ride.

i have receipts for just about everything purchased. again, clean and clear title in my hand and ready to go to the first one with cash. moving in a few months and cant take any toys with me so im not looking for any trades, sorry.
DSC05472.jpg

DSC05471.jpg

DSC05470.jpg

DSC05469.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

DSC05467.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05464.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05462.jpg

DSC05461.jpg

DSC05460.jpg

$3950 obo

Last edited:
Great bike Erklip. A sharp custom that you can ride in the real world. I salute you.

Great bike Erklip. A sharp custom that you can ride in the real world. I salute you.

thank you sir! that was my intention....comfy, higher ride height so you can really throw it into turns, and a looker. i appreciate the compliment :thumbsup:

Erik. Phone number is 215-913-6078. Would love to see the bike. Will be in Philly Tuesday and could stop by on my way back to jersey. Quick question ..... How did you restore the engine look so clean and new. Is it all painted? Exactly what kind of paintbhowcdid you do it?

Erik. Phone number is 215-913-6078. Would love to see the bike. Will be in Philly Tuesday and could stop by on my way back to jersey. Quick question ..... How did you restore the engine look so clean and new. Is it all painted? Exactly what kind of paintbhowcdid you do it?

great. i will give you a shout tuesday.
the old paint was stripped and wire wheeled. some parts were blasted with baking soda and then washed with soap and water a few times to give a clean surface. then rustoleum engine enamel was used on most of the motor. a few parts are just bare aluminum also.

Live local here in philly, I didn't see a price anywhere, what are you asking for the bike? I've been working on a project but that bike looks good enough to sell mine for parts and start riding.

Live local here in philly, I didn't see a price anywhere, what are you asking for the bike? I've been working on a project but that bike looks good enough to sell mine for parts and start riding.

Sorry, just noticed the price at the bottom of the picture.

sounds good. ill shoot you a PM with my contact info and we can set something up

Lovely bike, suprised this hasn't sold yet.

Free bump from the UK

thank you! my only guess is its not the best time to sell a bike here on the east coast with winter approaching fast.

Could i get some information on the speedo and cable i love the way yours looks.
there isnt much that i can tell you. basically i built a small bracket to attach to the fork tab and mount the speedo and then i cut down an old cable to hook it up

thank you! my only guess is its not the best time to sell a bike here on the east coast with winter approaching fast.

yea, that's been my experience as well. Tons of interest, but mostly it's just folks who see pics of my bike and shoot an email off expressing interest, only to realize that they might need some money to buy it, too. Definitely a buyer's market right now.

Consider ebay, too, or perhaps we can all pool our money together and throw our for sale bikes on a cargo ship bound for Australia, where there seems to be no shortage of folks looking for bikes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back