Make Offer - 1980 XS650 Hardtail Chopper

padgett

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, gauging interest as I may just end up parting it out unless someone wants it outright. For sale in the Bay Area, CA.

1980 xs650, currently registered and titled in CA
-Strong xs650 engine with MikesXS 750cc kit
Kick only PMA system, no battery.
Pamco ignition
-2+ forks and an 18 inch front wheel. 16 in back.
-'ardcore hardtail, slugged and mig'd by me. I'd get that inspected just in case. Never had an issue or a crack noticed in 8 years, but i'm just a hobbyist welder.
-Foot clutch hand shifting conversion.
-Raked front end with mini apes.
-bunch of other things.

Had this bike for over 8 years and it was a platform where i learned and then got better at lots of skills. So take that for what its worth, its rough...but it does run, stop, and track straight. Not without its quirks and chips. Selling bc i never ride anymore and its not doing me any good just looking at it in the corner of the garage.

I have it up on local FB marketplace for 3200, but for you guys its whatever you think is fair.
20200824_171946.jpg
20200824_172105.jpg
20200824_172112.jpg
20200824_172034.jpg

Great looking ride brother. The little devil on the right shoulder just told me I could fly out from Virginia and ride that back, no worries. The Angle on the left shoulder kicked me in the head!

How much cushion does that seat afford you?

Great looking ride brother. The little devil on the right shoulder just told me I could fly out from Virginia and ride that back, no worries. The Angle on the left shoulder kicked me in the head!

How much cushion does that seat afford you?

For a cross country ride? Probably not enough!

Its a leather seat with about a half inch of padding, on 3 inch springs. So not a ton, but I guess thats up to the rider to decide. For me and my short trips it was fine.

@padgett I fear I would crush those three springs. Alas, I must live vicariously through others. I do salute your on your hobby there.

Still have this bike?? Looking to buy exhausts if you’re willing to sell (can give you stock ones back to keep the bike complete)

Back