1980 XS650G service manual

Personally, I prefer the factory manuals. I do have the others (Haynes and Clymer) as a secondary reference, but I rarely look at them. To get you started, almost all the factory manuals (owners, shop, parts) are available from this web site, the xscafe, as free downloads .....

https://thexscafedotcom.wordpress.com/category/manuals/manual-workshop/page/1/

But if you're like me, you would rather have a real book in your hands. Since most of this stuff is out of print, search eBay. Lots of manuals come up there, and if you're patient, you can get them for a reasonable price ($20 or less). Be aware that Yamaha didn't publish a full shop manual for every year and model. Full manuals only came out about every 3 or 4 years. Models in between got small supplements outlining any differences and changes from the previous model. The 1980 model was one of those that got a supplement. The last previous full manual was for the '78 model so that's what you'll need to look for - the '78 E full manual that includes the supplements for the F and G models

Thanks 5Twins....I would prefer genuine Yamaha literature at my fingertips...I was aware of the supplements at the back of the manuals...so i would need to find a XS650G Supplement.

You can download the 1978 factory manual and all supplements to end of production free at www.biker.net, thanks to the generosity of Jean Akers. Just download and print 'em off. There are parts books for all years there too.

Yes, don't get that one, it's just a printed copy. Like Griz said, you can do that yourself for free. Be patient, search "XS650 manual" every few days on eBay, one will pop up eventually for a good price. Don't get just the supplement. That's only 10 or 15 pages outlining the changes made to the model. You want the full '78E service manual that includes the F and G supplements. But, that being said, here's a G-SG supplement for a very good price, hard to pass up for 5 bucks. You'd still need to eventually get the full '78E service manual to go along with it .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-XS6...-10-/292352196384?vxp=mtr&hash=item44118c7f20

Yes, don't get that one, it's just a printed copy. Like Griz said, you can do that yourself for free. Be patient, search "XS650 manual" every few days on eBay, one will pop up eventually for a good price. Don't get just the supplement. That's only 10 or 15 pages outlining the changes made to the model. You want the full '78E service manual that includes the F and G supplements. But, that being said, here's a G-SG supplement for a very good price, hard to pass up for 5 bucks. You'd still need to eventually get the full '78E service manual to go along with it .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-XS6...-10-/292352196384?vxp=mtr&hash=item44118c7f20
I am planning to download the manual to my computer..Appreciate y'alls help!!!:cool:

Y'all are awesome..so glad to be here. there isnt a better motorcycle or forum to back it up than the XS650 and the fine folks here.
I wish the XS11.com site would improve to be this good. the folks and the technical expertise are excellent there..but the lack of Administration and moderation is waning . The site software is outdated and the Website owner is dragging his ass like he just doesnt care..new members cant join and the rest of the gang has log in issues. It is slowly dying over there...:sick:

Back