1981 XS650 SH Restoration

While you have the TCI out, if and only if you're good at soldering, you can resolder every joint on the other side of the board to head off a problem where some of the joints microscopically degrade from vibration and become intermittent. You can do it through the coating. Those four diodes in the upper right, in the two TCIs I've had apart they are a fragile white bulb shaped thing made of hollow glass. Yours look better. The way the conformal coating is they look original.

While you have the TCI out, if and only if you're good at soldering, you can resolder every joint on the other side of the board to head off a problem where some of the joints microscopically degrade from vibration and become intermittent. You can do it through the coating. Those four diodes in the upper right, in the two TCIs I've had apart they are a fragile white bulb shaped thing made of hollow glass. Yours look better. The way the conformal coating is they look original.

Those diodes in mine look like they are black with blue markings on them. I'm no expert at soldering but i will pull the PCB out this weekend just to have a look at the bottom of it and snap a picture.

Got my new shoes today.

20190308_165755.jpg

These are Shinko 712. I run these on my big girl and really like them. Sorry for crappie picture. It's a Virago XV1100. That will be sold when I get my XS650 complete.

20190308_165807.jpg

Nothing wrong with an XV1100 I know of a few that have gone over the 100K mark with the only real problem besides normal wear parts was the stator for the alternator.

Plus my brother has one he picked up from a friend who was moving and decides he had to downsize on his toys, guy chose to keep a boat over a motorcycle what's with that!

Back