For Sale - 1981 Yamaha XS650 Special

Britman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
The bike runs great, has break leg compression, and tons of new parts to include, petcock, chain, carb kits, tank repaint, and a complete rewire. Mileage is showing 13,400 with a working speedo and from previous titling information I believe this is correct. Everything on the bike works and it has had a headlight switch added. It was on CL for a few days but I grew tired of the scammers, low ballers, and no shows. If any member here wants a good running machine for a daily rider or project base for a bobber or cafe this fits the bill. The bike is located in Fredericksburg Virginia and has a clear numbers matching Virginia in my name. Price is $1400.00 or a pretty near offer. I have other projects in the works and something has to go. Thanks for looking..........

George

Attachments

• DSC03475.JPG
    DSC03475.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC03465.JPG
    DSC03465.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC03484.JPG
    DSC03484.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC03468.JPG
    DSC03468.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 302
Looks like a nice one Britman - is that a Canadian bike? (I noted the km display on the speedo)

Nice bike.....love that blue. Well worth the money and be a shame if it is bought to chop........an opinion not for me to say what someone does.

Speedo is from a 78/79 Special

I should have added, the front tire is a 275. It was left over from an old project, and I couldn't see going to waste. The previous owner had bobbed the front fender and it of course goes with the bike.

Attachments

• DSC03476.JPG
    DSC03476.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC03365.JPG
    DSC03365.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 204
It is sitting in the garage, it needs to be ridden. If anyone here wants it, $1000.00 cash, bring a truck and come get it. I am really beginning to believe you can't give a motorcycle away any more. My theory, people my age are getting too old to ride, millennials don't know how to use a clutch, and the group in the middle are too damn busy trying to make a living.

Man I wanted that same model year n color back when it came out when i was in High School, I would Love to have it!!
I had that sales brochure on my wall in my room, i worked part time at kmart making 5 cents over minimum ($3.05) a whopping $3.10 hour, i barely kept my $300 car going LOL let alone buy a new bike with the little i made each week.
I may have to make the road trip if still available in couple weeks when i have some cash i'm expecting. Damn about $330 in gas and maybe hotel room hmmmm LOL

Thanks for all the interest gentlemen. I am finishing up this one's Brother by next weekend, another great running Special, 80 model. I am thinking I may run a Holiday sale, buy them both and get one hell of a deal. Seriously though, I really am considering giving this hobby up. The last few I have brought back to life have really been a PITA to sell. CL is so full of scammers and lowball bidders it is almost not worth the effort. Damn good thing I don't charge for my labor, I would be paying folks to load them up.......

Back