1983 canadian cafe racer build

Any chance of a video clip so we mere mortals could see and hear that bad bike in action?
Please?

Sync'd the carbs today, still waiting for the headlight.......................
Took a few shots of it 99.9% finished
Fw52RLFh.jpg

tEJYZcWh.jpg

Yes I know I am missing an air filter I lost it on my way back home and it got crushed by a truck............

How important is a fork brace on these? I must admit that's something I've overlooked on mine......

Just staring at the forks - the stock front fender is very stout and stiff and so I’d say that if you remove the fender, you’ve lost a good deal of structural rigidity.

Thus, your handling is bound to suffer and could be a concern.

Pete

+what MaxPete said - I think you'll benefit in handling. There are different styles, as I'm sure you know. I've had a Tkat unit on my '82 for several years now - it's pretty robust and relatively unobtrusive, but you are the only one who can decide what "look" works for your bike.

Ya done fine LeDom...Looks as good as it runs. Good stuff !

C’est beau LeDom - votre moto c’est formidable!

Pete

PS - love the plaid shirt in winter. A true Canadian man!!

Last edited:
Looks awesome!

I was going to ask you if the ignition on the right side ever caused your leg to hit it when kicking (i put mine on the left for this reason) but obviously it's not a problem as you just showed.

just viewed this ... great looking build, as for fork brace or fender,( mudguard) do they really make that big of a difference? maybe I don't ride my bike hard enough, still this is a beautiful looking bike

Back