For Sale - 1983 XS650 Heritage Special - Buffalo

buffaloborn

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My bike was making a strange noise, and I got it diagnosed from a mechanic as a spun crank bearing. I'm looking to sell my motorcycle now. It's a shame, because I just put some new Bridgestone Spitfire tires on it and it has a newer battery. I also put some JC Whitney euro bars on. It also has a Mustang king queen seat. I had it priced before I knew it was a spun bearing at 1k. I'm ready to drop my price now to $675. Anyone with a little bit more mechanical aptitude than I could have a really nice bike. 19k miles. I'm in Buffalo.

Charlie

buffaloborn

What?, a spun crank bearing! Is that even possible on an XS650? These cranks have ball and roller bearings that are pinned. Maybe some of the engine guys can jump in on this.

regardless you can probably just get a whole used section with the bearings or pop out the old ones and get some from mikes or ebay pretty cheap, not too hard of a fix, you'd learn a bit in the process. bike looks pretty decent not to give it a go

If the case is still good (or even if its not) ebay will have lots of cranks and cases listed and they aren't that hard to swap out. We are here to help too. Keep it and fix it.

Back