1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Sold / Found / Inactive - 1984 Yamaha XS650

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by patsimca, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. patsimca

patsimca XS650 New Member

Inherited this bike from a family member who passed. This bike has not run since approx 2014. I would consider it a project despite reasonably good cosmetic condition.

I have not registered the bike but have documentation from the previous owner to transfer ownership. I was not able to get it running after swapping the plugs, draining the old fuel and replacing the battery. The electric starter works great.

I did not intend to spend much time fixing it up, so I'm selling it hoping an enthusiast can restore it back to its past glory.

I am located in Port Perry, Ontario and do not have a vehicle to facilitate delivery.

Asking $1000 (CAD) as a starting point but will entertain reasonable offers. I value this going to a good home and recognize it is somewhat of a 'rarity' given it is an '84.

Thanks
    Matt

xs-1.PNG xs-2.PNG xs-3.PNG xs-4.PNG xs-5.PNG xs-6.PNG xs-7.PNG xs-8.PNG xs-9.PNG

Attached Files:

grizld1 and MaxPete like this.
  2. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller Top Contributor

Hello Patsimca and welcome from Virginia. That is a darn good looking machine. While I wish good luck in your sell, I would rather wish you good luck in getting it running and continuing on the forum with us.

Stickysteve44 and grizld1 like this.
  3. patsimca

Hi Boog - thanks for the kind words.

I initially planned to undertake this as a project, but I am not prepared to spend the time + money (mostly time learning the ins and outs of the platform) it'll take to get the machine where it deserves to be. Next best thing is a member here giving it a good home.

Thanks
    Matt

Hightower-Ash98, timbeck, GLJ and 3 others like this.
  4. Hightower-Ash98

Hightower-Ash98 XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Man if you weren't a country away
    Lil ol me in Florida is looking for a bike just like that for just that price

5. patsimca

The bike is now sold. Went to a great home. The gentleman who purchased plans to restore and modernize it.

Mods please close, thanks.

GLJ and gggGary like this.