2 into 1 Intake crossover

Ack ! NO ! the carb inlet needs to be straight in line with the intake tubes at the point of entry other wise you will have a rich cylinder on the right and lean on the left if you want the carb twisted off to the side then do it after the straight entry point ....
that straight entry point is where the carb delivers its fuel equally to each side , if it's angled even slightly it will deliver the fuel unevenly
I would re make the carb attachment part and make it about 2" or so straight then bend the tube to the side for your carb to mount to
..... what you have now is the same kind of setup you had before , just longer is all, you'll still get an uneven burn because of the twisted carb being so close to the joint ... it needs to be straight or at least 2" of pipe needs to be straight so the distribution is even to the cylinders....
..... my 2 coppers !
.....humm upon looking at the pics it does look like the carb is straight ....must'a been an optical illusion LOL it looked like the carb was twisted ! .... if Not ... your in great shape !
and btw that looks COOL and fantastic work !!!!!

Bob.........

Rest assured the carb is dead center, symmetry was the whole point. It's also inclined approximately 15* because of the way the floats are designed. Looking forward to testing.

....must'a been an optical illusion ....

Here ya go, Bob.
I use these fer study'n forum pics.
You can borrow mine.
FishEyeLens.jpg

And don't ferget yer aluminum hat...

LOL Fantastic ! glad to hear it ! Barncat !.....
2M I could probably use glasses like that ! but won't ware the aluminum hat , ya see it's part of my strategy to get back at big brother !
if their stupid enough to read my mind they get what they deserve !!!!!! lol
..... WHAT DO YOU THINK 2M ????? does that manifold look 100% better or not ???? I think it will work perfect even if there is a slight pause on throttle response , if there is you'ed probably get used to it as being normal right away !
Bob.....

Dunno, Bob. There's too many other powerful effects involved here. Exhaust reversion and rarefaction, and its timing with exhaust and overlap events. Intake closure pulses and standing wave harmonics. Bla, bla, bla...

Back