2 into 1 intake manifold

wow, thanks for posting the pics. i have a buddy running a new one of my drag style intakes setup for forward controls. it sits the carb higher and out of the way of the left leg. he is really digging it.. 36mm roundlslide with 35 pilot and 200 main. its a stomper. ill have to get him to send me some more pics.

this is an intake that i made for my xs cause my carbs were junk so i just made it out of some stainless and put an old harley carb on it. works great may not be the prettiest thing in the world but its funtional
100_0757.jpg

- theoretically yes it does, in practice for cruising it probably makes little difference a bit of creative carb tuning wont partially fix

half an inch of travel diff between cylinders? atmospheric pressure at 14+lbs per sq inch? hmmm maybe a .00000000000000293 diff? seriously an offset intake with slight diff in length is not going to effect the bike. what will effect the bike is two carbs not in complete sync and with a differring fuel to air mix. one cyl hot from lean mix. and if it were that big of a deal i guess all the car manufacturers got it wrong. ever see the intakes of small block chevs and fords? some runners differ as much as 4 or more inches. doesnt seem to matter there either... you can set a single carb directly even between the cylinders but i prefer to not rebuild my bikes backbone and make frame mods when i can get great results with a slight offset. the tradeoff is not worth the work and expense of frame mods.

- been thinking about playing around with a single carb setup...double cradle frame? modifying rear post position? or using a sidecross frame?...still undecided...nevertheless picked up an XS650 single carb manifold-will take any carb boot for an original XS head

P6080002.jpg

P6080001-1.jpg

Who sells these manifolds???????? Building a long rod motor and would like to run a single 38mm flatslide

would you seriously tear down your bike to remove the backbone, and build a double side tube backbone just to get the carb exactly centered on the bike with that cast unit?

would you seriously tear down your bike to remove the backbone, and build a double side tube backbone just to get the carb exactly centered on the bike with that cast unit?

Do you have a website? I am really diggin that drag style intake, I am looking to run a similar setup like your buddy has with forward controls, but cant decide between the drag style or the chopper style.

but just so we're clear, the inlet tracks need to be the same length...... right? otherwise, dont you run the risk of atomized fuel not making it past the intake valve in time for boom-boom?

*OOPS. didnt see that there was a second page to this thread that basically answers the question above.

Last edited:
No backbone in a sport bike frame:D Just tossing the idea around. Have you dyno a 2 to 1 manifold yet?

make your own its the cheapest way to go and you can pretty much put the carb anywhere you want it. i made mine out of some stainless pipe i had layin around and an old harley carb. works awsome and starts on the first kick everytime cause of the accelerator pump.
100_0757.jpg

the intake tracks do not have to be the same length becaus the cylinders fire oposite each other. i have absolutly no probelms out of mine. the only problem i did have was the accelerator pump was bad and i had a hell of a flat spot. but let me tell you at WOT itr makes that motor scream. the rpms climb hard.. i dont understand why someone would want to cut there backbone out just to put a carb in the center.. come on be original makes for a way sweeter bike!!

dude i could make you one cheap. let me know what kinda carb you want to run and ill make you one just like mine outta ss tubing for cheap

Nice! I was almost positive you were gonna come back with, "dude i wouldnt go through that hell again for a million bucks!" That setup looks tits! im waitin on another member to finish up some minor repairs and hopefully we'll be meetin up this weekend to trade me his 76 XS for my 2005 dirtbike so it may be a little while before im ready for a single carb upgrade but ill def. keep you in mind.

Back