1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Sold / Found / Inactive - 2 Owner 1979 XS-650 Special, Low mileage, Original,$2800.00

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by rrthug, Aug 3, 2020.

1. rrthug

rrthug XS650 Member

Hello All
    Decided it's time to let someone else enjoy this beauty. Selling my 1979 Special with 2680 miles. I bought this from the original owners widow about 4 years ago. Bike was purchased new in Hermiston OR and only used intermittently. Always garage stored. When I got the bike it ran but leaked fuel and needed some TLC. I had Mark's 650 freshen it up and it has been a strong runner since. New tires, new battery,
    rebuilt carbs, petcocks, fuel lines, new brakes pads and rebuilt master cylinders, new Boyer electronic ignition, bronze swing arm bushing, new steering head bearings, engine cases polished, new sump filter. Paint and chrome near perfect. Chain guard was rechromed due to old battery leak. Rear grab rail has been modified..?for luggage rack. No tool kit. Bike ridden regularly on nice days only. Clear Washington State title. I can provide other pics, let me know what you want to see.
    Thanks for looking,
    Mike
    fullsizeoutput_3e5.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3e3.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3e0.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3de.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3df.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3db.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3e1.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3e2.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3e4.jpeg

OHRider, MrBultaco, madmax-im and 9 others like this.
  2. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Wow! That is a super clean, nice looking bike. That will make someone a very nice bike!

OHRider, azman857 and Skip like this.
  3. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Wow - very pretty indeed!

OHRider and Skip like this.
  4. rickdarling

rickdarling XS650 New Member

Hi,

Just sent you a PM.

5. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

That is a beauty...
    I hope who ever ends up with that treasure doesn't do a thing to it,except for finding a new rear grab rail ,then polish it and ride it respectfully

6. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Guru Top Contributor

What a gem. I would be honoured to own a great bike like that. Good luck with the sale, worth every penny in my mind.

MaxPete and Skip like this.
  7. rickdarling

Hi Mike,

I sent you another PM. Please let me know if you didn’t get it.

MaxPete likes this.
  8. 650special

650special XS650 New Member

Has this bike been sold yet?

9. rrthug

rrthug XS650 Member

10. rickdarling

Thank you for the smooth sale Mike! You were a real pleasure to deal with.

Skip, gggGary, Mailman and 1 other person like this.
  11. yamahama

yamahama '72 XS in Restoration XS650.com Supporter

Florida
    Exactly the same bike I had in 1980...think it was technically a '78. Didn't have it long enough to remember bringing it in for a service, oil change. Just remember not having to rev it out and it was a tad squooshie under braking...dove allot....and cars were out to get me. woke up one morning , add in the paper, gone by EOWeek. Never been on a motor bike again since.
    Never fear go-pro here this time
    Geez, If I had seen this add last week....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    rickdarling likes this.
  12. wannabridin

wannabridin XS650 Guru

Oh, I don't know about that. I think some tasteful stealthy mods (they already have a temp dipstick, ignition and swingarm bushings) would serve the build quite nice! SS brake lines, properly done 750 swingarm, fork emulators, chrome Hagons, etc. Nobody would ever really notice.

That paint sure is choice tho, certainly a great inspiration for my free.99 build!!!

13. rickdarling

IMG_0192 (002).JPG
    I'd like to precisely recreate what I once had..

Boog, gggGary and wannabridin like this.
  14. yamahama

yamahama '72 XS in Restoration XS650.com Supporter

Florida
    Ah, don't rub it in...sometimes I would find my '78 gone after i had been away. The little brother had it. He finally got his own after I sold mine.

gggGary and rickdarling like this.