2010 Olympics

pumps

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I'd like to extend a word of thanks to my north of the border friends for the enjoyment and fun I'm having watching all of the worlds finest athletes compete. Lots of recliner time I'm puttin' in , eh?:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

As Tragedy struck the 2010 Winter Olympic Games Friday morning when Nodar Kumaritashvili, a luger from the former Soviet republic of Georgia, died after crashing during training.

Nodar Kumaritashvili, My deep consolations to him..!! Its not a great day to start the things off a flyer..

Sam.

All you guys south of the border would be doing a roaring trade selling the snow back to the Canooks :D

Man those luge & skeleton riders have got some balls! :yikes:
I reckon riding in the 4 man bob would be the ducks guts though! Maybe join the Jamacian team :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

I've been enjoying the speed skating, snowboarding, and skiing. Haven't caught any of the luge yet or the curling that was on this morning!

For sure pumps, the olympics are real entertainment. I just couldn't believe the speeds and jumps that the snowboarders do.

The Hockey is going to be amazing, with Canada taking Gold of course:D

Hi Guys,

It really is neat that our neighbors are putting on such a show, especially in the face of challenges such as errant snow (and now too much snow for a little while) and all of the usual problems.

I'm about 80 miles from the Olympic sites, and should warn anyone coming or going: the Washington State Police are out to fill their coffers on Interstate 5 during the games. Do the limit on I-5, or they'll get you. I think sometimes that they have a special "Welcome to America, eh, now give us all your money, eh!" squad......

Probably I'm not being totally fair, but it seems like a lot of our neighbors from British Columbia get tagged on their way home.

....and the ice skating makes me incredibly nervous for the skaters. :shrug:

Congrats to my north of the border brothers for their Gold medal in the hockey game. Your boys and ours made it exciting you know? It's only right that you should win at home eh? makes it just so much more special for the team and the home crowd. Nothing like it. Well done.
We were watching the bobsled teams while at the fire station the other day and I was thinking "94 mph???!!!! Those guys are CRAZY!"

Last edited:
We were watching the bobsled teams while at the fire station the other day and I was thinking "94 mph???!!!! Those guys are CRAZY!"

Yeah! I didn't catch much of the bob sledding, except for seeing one that one turn over at 80+ MPH and watching them slide forever on their helmets! :yikes:

Olympics?! Theres been some Olympics on? :doh:
Missed that completely...I mustve been out somewhere
having a life ...:wink2:

Last edited:
Congrats to my north of the border brothers for their Gold medal in the hockey game. Your boys and ours made it exciting you know? It's only right that you should win at home eh? makes it just so much more special for the team and the home crowd. Nothing like it. Well done.
yes it's good they won otherwise we would have had a whole nation of depressed hockey fans/people to the north of us ..... and it was a exciting game

Back