2013 xs650 build off bikes

So i got a chance over the weekend to brake down the KZ400 roller and take it to my buddy. so he could sand blast it so i could start with a clean frame. Yesturday i got the new that somewhare in the life of the bike someone had used some type of JB weld to repair the frame in more then one spot. the frame pretty much fell apart when dusty was sand blasting it. so im force to use the long springarm frame. the kz is just to far gone to use for anything but the neck and title for a custom kaw build. so im dust'n the long swingarm bike off and hit it hard this week

Damn thats a major bummer!

So i got a chance over the weekend to brake down the KZ400 roller and take it to my buddy. so he could sand blast it so i could start with a clean frame. Yesturday i got the new that somewhare in the life of the bike someone had used some type of JB weld to repair the frame in more then one spot. the frame pretty much fell apart when dusty was sand blasting it. so im force to use the long springarm frame. the kz is just to far gone to use for anything but the neck and title for a custom kaw build. so im dust'n the long swingarm bike off and hit it hard this week

:doh: Sorry to hear that Irish!

I am looking forward to seeing the long swingarm bike take off! :bike:

I guess ill check in..

img0790kk.jpg

Me too
I have modifided the side covers to fit the change.
And have mounted them
full

I have many hours of flapdisking away
I also welded in the solenoid mounting bolt, ground bolt and flasher mount

Checking in for april.I have made some progress but i don't know if i will get it done in time.Updated pics what do you guys think of the handle bars?

Attachments

• xs650 002.jpg
    xs650 002.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 138
  • xs650 003.jpg
    xs650 003.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 164
  • xs650 004.jpg
    xs650 004.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 146
Just Checkin' in

Not a whole lot accomplished. I need to get busy! :banghead:

I did however come up with an idea for my Gas Station Sushi seat

GasStationSushilogo_zps3b28135d.jpg

I need to get with Pov76 and see what we can do to get started.

He has some really good leather work.

Thanks mate,

Frame is pretty darn close to stock. I just cut off everything I didnt need. Seat lock, fender mounts, side cover mounts, centre stand mounts, etc. I also shaved down the brace under the seat, as well as smoothed out a few of yami's shitty welds.

uploadfromtaptalk1365853009492.jpguploadfromtaptalk1365853068055.jpguploadfromtaptalk1365853094128.jpg

Exhaust is done and mounted, pma swap done, fuel line ran, all electronic components in place, all motor hardware switched out to stainless all new cables ran, new brakes, mids fully installed...I just need to get a clutch lever and a chain, wire her up and she's done!

So i have the attention span of a 4 year old and spend about 15mins looking for the details on the build off. I've learned the following... NW Ohio? Lima? August?

is there a tread on the details for us un-cool non-buildoff folks who want to attend?

Also saw something about a party or ride to the show?

Hey epic! Try the link or ask Irish for details! very beginning of thread.

So Its time to kick this thing off all I have. Is the motor and a set of old amal carbs
And I be look'n for parts at the swap meet on the 11th. I'm post'n this from my phone cuz Im stuck at work for another 4 hours but I said Id post this 2nite I'll throw up some pics when I get home

Good luck to everyone

Background on Build-off: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21354

Back