2015 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Which XS650s would you like to see in the 2015 XS650 Calendar?

• gbobst

Votes: 56 25.1%
  • sparky4123

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • DIRTY DOG - not a triumph

Votes: 31 13.9%
  • DIRTY DOG - bike 2

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • bt24 - blue bike

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • bt24 - black bike

Votes: 49 22.0%
  • grepper

Votes: 55 24.7%
  • XS1961

Votes: 59 26.5%
  • inmotionphotog

Votes: 69 30.9%
  • RFLIVES

Votes: 45 20.2%
  • dilbone

Votes: 44 19.7%
  • livingdeadmc

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • pat_in_the_hat

Votes: 42 18.8%
  • Monty

Votes: 41 18.4%
  • Slide

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • retiredgentleman

Votes: 47 21.1%
  • Airwolfie

Votes: 57 25.6%
  • jdizon

Votes: 88 39.5%
  • Rd51

Votes: 63 28.3%
  • sbaugz

Votes: 42 18.8%
  • dj_elite

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • olddude13

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • beyondtrout

Votes: 68 30.5%
  • JK Racing

Votes: 33 14.8%
  • v8-914

Votes: 41 18.4%
  • HAPPY DAN

Votes: 76 34.1%
  • Retrospeed

Votes: 45 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honored to have my bike included in this competition. My bike was featured in

thebikeshed seen here http://thebikeshed.cc/2013/10/23/baugrud-xs650/

returnofthecaferacers.com seen here http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2013/07/yamaha-xs650-lime-green-goodness.html

Here is some more info:

Started out as a 1981 XS650 Special that I picked up for around $150, if memory serves me. It was pretty nasty looking but the engine had good compression and it had potential. The previous owner had literally spray painted the entire engine in the frame so there was overspray everywhere. Here is a pic of how the bike looked when I got it:

I have a build thread here, but in summary: I completely tore the bike down. Vapor blasted engine. Rebuilt the top end. Cut down, modified and beautified frame. Powder coated literally every part of the bike, including the mag wheels, forks, frame, etc. Re-wired entire harness from scratch. Upgraded all electrics, including mosfet R/R, shorai battery, and all new relays/solenoids/ etc.

The seat is a one-off steel unit from Ian at Twinline Customs and the upholstery is from Ginger at new church moto. I liked the look of a XS750 tank that I had laying around, so I modified frame to fit it. There is a sweet metal flake paint job that pays homage to the Yamaha interrupted stripe pattern made famous by Kenny Roberts - laid down by Todd Carlson. Todd's son Benny, is a racer for the Vance and Hines Harley XR1200 series.
A one-off exhaust made by Gordon Scott really sets this bike off and sounds bad-ass.
I wanted to go with chunky tires on this bike but don't like the bad reputation that the firestones have, so I put some sweet Avon Speedmasters on front and rear to give it the chunky look but with better traction and handling.

Here is a pic of bike prior to paint and finishing touches.

Here are some final shots. Enjoy and happy voting!

Attachments

• DSCF1907.jpg
    DSCF1907.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Just a couple more shots of my 650. Looks good, rides beautifully, hope you like it...

Ray
(Beyondtrout)

Attachments

• XS 650 NOONAMAH RUN 5-5-13 005.jpg
    XS 650 NOONAMAH RUN 5-5-13 005.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 268
  • XS 650 NOONAMAH RUN 5-5-13 002.jpg
    XS 650 NOONAMAH RUN 5-5-13 002.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 259
Thanks everyone for voting! The poll closed last night and the results are in. We had a great turnout with 245 voters.

Here are the 13 bikes for the calendar. Congratulations!

• jdizon
  • HAPPY DAN
  • inmotionphotog
  • beyondtrout
  • Retrospeed
  • olddude13
  • bt24 - blue bike
  • Rd51
  • XS1961
  • Airwolfie
  • gbobst
  • grepper
  • retiredgentleman

Our next runners up are:
  • RFLIVES
  • dilbone

Top 13, as mentioned in the first post, you will need to send 3 or 4 high quality photos of your bike with no logos or watermarks and your name, location, bike year/model, and SHORT bike bio via email to Shawn (samoran1)... so start getting that together. I believe he will post his email later and give a deadline. Shawn has the final say on the deadline and allowing wiggle room if needed. Last year the photo requirements were at least 3375 x 2625 pixels, but Shawn will have the final say on that as well.

RFLIVES and dilbone, you may want to get photos and your information ready to send to Shawn if one or two of the 13 don't get their information to him. It happened last year so it could happen again.

Thanks again everyone for making these calendars happen.

WOW! :yikes:Thanks for all your votes guys!! I'm truly humbled having my bike in this calendar with all the other fantastic builds on this amazing forum!
Well done to all who won a place, and those who participated!:thumbsup:

Now I got to hope I get the bike ready and the shitty English weather clears so I can take some decent pictures!!:bike:

Hi Everyone

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone who gave my old girl their vote. She really is my pride and joy and to make it into the top 13 and make the calendar sets off what a special bike this one is to me.

Thanks guys!!!

Ray Curran
'Beyondtrout'

Congrats on everyone who made the calendar this year! Sorry guys was out of town this weekend looking for a new house as I will be starting a new job/career. I apologize I have not gotten you messaged yet.

I am sending PM's now and please follow the specific instructions in the PM. Thanks to all for the nominations and participating in the nominations and voting.

All PM's have been sent. If you were voted in the calendar please check your messages and follow the instructions. Thanks everyone!

Shawn

Thought I'd post some pics up as a thanks to all of you who voted for me, still got to wire up the indicators, horn, neutral light, and tacho and speedo, but I had to assemble her for the photoshoot for the calendar!!

So here she is in almost all her glory! Started to rain so I didn't keep her out for long!

15184076223_bb690b40aa_b.jpg

15186537184_a0dbcef5e7_b.jpg

15618684970_9efd5c1ce4_b.jpg

15804558611_b0946b89fa_b.jpg

15621081608_ebed31ab75_b.jpg

15779850486_468ef53898_b.jpg

15183554314_f0252df744_b.jpg

Still waiting on photos and info from Jdizon, RD51, and XS1961. If you guys read this please check your PM Inbox for specific details and get me that stuff ASAP!!

Thanks to all who sent pics and info in a timely manner. All the pics should work great! Putting together the calendar this weekend and would like to have a proof by Sunday night just need those pics!

Hi All,

Thank you to those who nominate my bike. I have been out the UK a little while so havent been able to accept. Better luck next year :)

Thanks again!

Just wanted to say thank you to all who voted my bike in as well. I am very proud of it, and enjoy it very much! Look forward to seeing the calander!
Cheers!

UPDATE on the calendars!

Unfortunately our Cover winner, and leading vote getter, has asked to be removed from the calendar... (Not naming names but I'm sure you can figure it out!) This, and some other delays in receiving photos/info, has delayed the process and put me behind the 8 ball for getting these to you guys by Christmas. I apologize for that. I will do my best. That's why we always include the 13 months that includes January of the following year (2016) because every year we seem to have something that comes up... I digress.

As the next runner up, RFlives has been added to the calendar in the 13th spot. Now that I have all the pictures and information I need, I will be finishing up the calendars and getting a proof posted on this thread as soon as I can. This will be in the next couple days. I have contacted the printer and hope to be printing by early next week depending on the printer's schedule.

We will also post a link in the thread to the calendar PRE-SALE. The calendars, as always, are a limited run on a first come first serve basis. For those who have ordered a calendar in the past you understand how this works. It will simply be a link to Paypal where you can purchase your calendar and get your spot in line. THE CALENDARS WILL SELL OUT. They have each year, and unfortunately have had to tell people that we are out of stock. So don't hesitate if you know you want one. Members who purchased a calendar in recent years can attest to the quality of the product.

I will begin shipping the calendars as soon as I get them back from the printer. The sale will go from Pre-Sale to In stock on Sale. They will go out in the order they come in. I will keep the thread updated on the progress as best I can. Please don't email me for personal updates on your calendar. Last year we had close to 200 orders that I individually packed and shipped separately going to over 10 countries!

It is a lot of work, so please respect that, and be patient with me. I'm also starting a new job in a new location on Monday but am determined for this to be a non-factor in progress. Check the thread for updates!

Thanks everyone in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back