2016 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Which XS650s would you like to see in the 2016 XS650 Calendar?

• Brassneck

Votes: 119 49.6%
  • 660smc

Votes: 111 46.3%
  • funky

Votes: 37 15.4%
  • scaf77

Votes: 71 29.6%
  • gggGary

Votes: 74 30.8%
  • JohnGoodenough

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • riverrat

Votes: 123 51.3%
  • Scallywag303

• 3dognate

Votes: 37 15.4%
  • ScooterMagoo

Votes: 80 33.3%
  • AtoXS

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • jtrip72

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • HAPPY DAN

• sparky4123

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • fireman984

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • punkskalar

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • Yoozy

Votes: 54 22.5%
  • xlr8tn

Votes: 93 38.8%
  • zzblazezz

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • jcobb0079

Votes: 41 17.1%
  • Paulrxs650

• JMcNinch

Votes: 64 26.7%
  • Rogue21

Votes: 45 18.8%
  • coneeng

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • Wally

Votes: 55 22.9%
  • I am Carbon

Votes: 28 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some Beautiful Machines :thumbsup:

I voted, and not for my own - because of course I dig mine, I built it - haha... Seriously though, humbled and appreciative for all the support we get from you folks... Keep enjoying these rad ol' XS650's and we'll stay here to keep doing rad stuff for them.

Hugh

Hugh's HandBuilt :thumbsup:

Really appreciate all the votes. Here are a few more pics so you can see the real color of my tank (Moonlight Blue Metallic). Also, a close up of my speedometer bracket crafted out of an aluminum door threshold.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

Thanks to everyone who voted.
I'm honored to have my bike among such great bikes.
The information shared on this site made my build possible.
Thank you

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

And yes, thank you all for the votes...very surprised and humbled by the support. This site is amazing, and I'm thankful for the great folks who share their knowledge.

a couple more pics of my 1979 xs special. named it ol 41 which is is old gm code for black so its old black.

Attachments

• 20150610_174453.jpg
    20150610_174453.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 225
  • 20150823_120545.jpg
    20150823_120545.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 262
Thanks everyone for the votes that I did receive.., and as said earlier, I couldn't have built it without the info on this site, so thanks for that too..

A big thank you to everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process this year! I wish we could include them all in the calendar, but we only have 13 spots. Here they are:
  • riverrat
  • Brassneck
  • 660smc
  • xlr8tn
  • ScooterMagoo
  • gggGary
  • scaf77
  • Scallywag303
  • HAPPY DAN
  • Paulrxs650
  • coneeng
  • JMcNinch
  • punkskalar*
  • Wally*

*punkskalar and Wally tied for the 13th spot. Both should submit photos and if one person above them is unable to provide photos, they will both be in. If everyone above them submits photos, we'll either have a quick sudden death vote or figure something else out.

Our next runners up are:
  • Yoozy
  • sparky4123

Shawn will post or PM everyone soon with details. Get your photos ready! I believe you will need 4 high quality photos of your bike with no logos or watermarks and your name, location, bike year/model, and SHORT bike bio. I know the bios get long, so this year there might a limit on characters. The photo requirements for the last couple of years have been at least 3375 x 2625 pixels, but Shawn will have the final say on that this year as well.

*punkskalar and Wally tied for the 13th spot. Both should submit photos and if one person above them is unable to provide photos, they will both be in. If everyone above them submits photos, we'll either have a quick sudden death vote or figure something else out.

It has been honor enough to be considered and nominated for the Calendar. As many of you folks know, I live and breath these old bikes, and am happy to help in any way I can to keep these bikes alive and on the road.

It is with great pride that I would like to concede to Wally - as I have a love for the bikes and this community and that is plenty enough of a "win" in my book, and I believe that Wally's machine would make a fine addition to the Calendar.

Congrats to all who were nominated, without such an amazing community, Hugh's HandBuilt wouldn't really exist. You folks have been good to me for many years.

Ride on folks! :bike::bike:

Hugh

I apologize I have been very busy as I'm sure you all have been. I will be in contact from here on out. Congratulations to all participants who've made it in the calendar. Thank you all for nominations and for keeping this moving!

All winners please send high resolution photos and a short bio on your bike including year and some other small details. We're limited to a short paragraph so please try not to list all parts you used on your bike. Send to shawn@morandesignco.com and I will get a proof put together as soon as possible. As Travis said we have a tie for the 13th spot so we will see if everyone gets photos in good time then we may have to have a very short vote on the final spot.

-The Main image should be at least 3375 x 2625 px at 300 dpi
-Detail shots can be smaller but make sure they are 300 dpi and raw images (not compressed) if possible.
-Please use "XS 650 Pics - (your username)" as the subject of the email to keep it easy.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Back