1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

2017 West Virginia Mountain Rally

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jetmechmarty, Feb 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

June 2nd – 4th, 2017 West Virginia Mountain Rally #2, Marlinton WV.

Event HQ at the Marlinton Motor Inn, Rt 219N, Marlinton, WV 24954 (800.354.0821 or 304.799.4711) www.marlintonmotorinn.com . Pocahontas County is motorcycle-friendly and is a destination for riders from all over. The region offer the best motorcycle roads in VA and WV. Great weather in June! The town of Marlinton is small but has everything we need. Contact Dave Hoopengardner - caferacerdave@gmail.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Michaelo and desmoman900 like this.
  2. desmoman900

desmoman900 650 Society Director

We had people from all over the country and one from Germany last year. Phenomenal ride!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Sorry...a little dense here. What are the dates in June?

desmoman900 and gggGary like this.
  4. littlebill31

littlebill31 Smells of Raw Fuel

What is the itinerary for WV? I live 2 hours away.

5. desmoman900

June 2nd – 4th, 2017 West Virginia Mountain Rally #2, Marlinton WV.

Event HQ at the Marlinton Motor Inn, Rt 219N, Marlinton, WV 24954 (800.354.0821 or 304.799.4711) www.marlintonmotorinn.com . Pocahontas County is motorcycle-friendly and is a destination for riders from all over. The region offer the best motorcycle roads in VA and WV. Great weather in June! The town of Marlinton is small but has everything we need. Contact Dave Hoopengardner #4625, Virginia State Member Coordinator, West Virginia Mountain Rally Coordinator, caferacerdave@gmail.com.

All 650 Society Events are posted here - Society Calendar

6. desmoman900

@littlebill31 We'll publish the routes about a month before the event but they all start & end from Marlinton, WV

littlebill31 likes this.
  7. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

OK - well that tears this one for me. June 4 is a big family birthday here at the Disaster Central Workshop (not mine - Mrs. MaxPete).

Dang.

On to the Ozarks!

8. desmoman900

@MaxPete Or the Smokies and/or Land Between the Lakes Rally. Check the society calendar

MaxPete likes this.
  9. MaxPete

Thanks desmo!

Pete

10. jetmechmarty

11. davehoop

davehoop XS650 Member

Had a good turn out last year. West Virginia offers some great riding. We even checked out the Cass
    Railroad and toured the Green Bank Observatory. I think everyone had a good time. The dates are June 2 - 4. Hope to see some new faces this year.

IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1118.JPG

MaxPete likes this.
  12. jetmechmarty

13. davehoop

davehoop XS650 Member

Having a good time at the Dogwood rally. We are next.

MaxPete likes this.
  14. davehoop

davehoop XS650 Member

Had a great time at the Dogwood Rally this year. Highly recommend for next year. 2017 West Virginia Mountain Rally June 2 - 4 in Malinton, WV is next! Looking forward to some great riding with some good friends. Rally headquarters will be at the Marlinton Motor Inn, Rt. 219 N, Marlinton, WV. 24954, 304-799-7115. Contact Dave at caferacerdave@gmail.com.