Yamaha 650 Society, Ozarks Rally Coming soon!

John is currently in the middle of a ride from Brazil through Argentina that looks to be a round trip distance of around 8K miles, but he stays connected somehow, so I'll send him an email. Hang in there, we'll get it straightened out.

Pete, you have to understand that Marty is a very serious guy who always puts business first. Every now and again we have to bikenap one of his rides so as to motivate him to make time for a rally.

Yes, I could tell when I met him at the Iron Horse what a total business guy he is. He even brought his personal attorney along with him.....

AuYN5Gqb_400x400.png

Yes, my attorney.

I have moved, or I'm in the process of moving to Mississippi. I forgot about my bike in John's basement.... conveniently. Great friend that John is, he's bringing my bike west. Those of you following me will kindly wring out your clothes and put the oil back in my crankcase. I'm going to continue to run up miles as is.

John is currently on an epic motorcycle journey, rather than fix my bike! He posted this today, from Los Andes, Chile.
49745710_10215730884258843_8946306595692740608_o.jpg

John sent an email to Michalle Stevens, the Ozark Folk Center Lodge Sales Director, and here's her response, dated yesterday, Jan. 23: "There is an open block of rooms for your group. I don't know who or what happened. But it is there and rooms are available." Interesting, considering that "who" is none other than Michalle herself! Anyway, try again, and if you get any guff, refer to Michalle Stevens' email of Jan. 23 to John Chaves.

Today I booked accomodation for the Ozark Rally. Apparently Michelle is away at a trade show. Tara spoke with me and put my name on the list for a double room as I expect that MaxPete will be coming too. Tara said three others had booked and Michelle has a couple folks to call on her return.
Looking briefly at a map, it seems that Cape Girardeau may be a good place to end the first day, then a few hours the next day in daylight to get to Mountain View. Looking forward to it!

Tara called me also and I booked. Chaves got a block of 8 or 9 rooms, 3 are now taken. As usual the Ozark Folk Center staff is thoroughly confused.

I'm moving next week. Hopefully, I'll be connected again. Maybe I'll make a 2019 Ozark thread. Maybe one of you should beat me to it. John is in Argentina or Chile or maybe Antarctica. He's not going to do it.

I put one in the 650 Society page on facebook too. I'll just rename this thread, LOL Done, we'll just let it roll year to year.

Called the OFC last week, got Michalle's voice mail: no response.Called two days ago, got Tara's voice mail: no response. Called again this morning, got Tara's voice mail. Reminded her of Wednesday call, asked for a call back (asked nicely, and that took some effort). Finally got a return call and a booking. To be fair, much of the confusion appears to be due to an ongoing maintenance project, much of which involves serious construction work. I get the impression that availability of cabins changes from day to day.

Dogwood and Eastern redbud are flowering now. Redbud isn't red, but rather a striking shade of light purple. And isn't a bud, but dense flowering. Native dogwood blooms are mostly white but occasionally pink.

View attachment 139250
All set!
Just need to confer with MaxPete on the navigation.
Big Blue has new shoes.
I'm guessing you put your bike in the van. I would do that and lash it to sheet metal ribs with no bulkhead. But, I'm speaking for myself when I say I've taken worse risks Now, my new Chevy van has six cargo tie down loops in the floor, but still no bulkhead...

Back