2018 Vintage Yamaha Rally

FIVE WEEK ROOM RESERVATION COUNTDOWN

Just a reminder, if you plan on attending the XSSE Vintage Yamaha Rally in September (9/28 to 10/1) and want a bed, make sure to call the Iron Horse and book a cabin or bunkhouse. After March 15, it might be too late.
frown.gif

vintage-yamaha-logo_1.jpg

www.vintageyamaharally.com

Our Rally planning team (Mike, Mike, Paul, Kurt, Nancy, Brent, Marty, Peter and Jeff) is conferring Monthly (actually every two weeks at this point) to plan and organize a fun Rally for 2018.

Two things we wanted to advise are:
> Book with Iron Horse by March 15th or after that it is highly likely that all that will be available is dirt to pitch a tent. Tent spot is great if you want to camp but if you prefer a bed, book by Mar 15th. As always, if your plans change you can cancel your reservation up till July 20th.
> Also RSVP on the vintageyamaharally.com web page so we can get a headcount

Having an accurate headcount via RSVP will be extremely helpful as the Rally Planning Team continues to prepare for the Rally. If you are staying at the Tuskeegee or some other location and participating in the Rally please RSVP on the Rally web page since we need a total count of attendees. If you are camping, RSVP. That would help us out a bunch ......... Please RSVP if you haven't

If you've been to XSSE before you know the drill
smile.gif

If you've never been and are thinking about it, Welcome, it is a fun time
biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Jeff and Mike, Mike, Paul, Kurt, Nancy, Brent, Marty, Peter

I'll call them tomorrow. Planning to haul my 79 XS down in my camper van. Do they allow a van on the camping sites or do they have to go to the RV lot? Thanks.

I'll call them tomorrow. Planning to haul my 79 XS down in my camper van. Do they allow a van on the camping sites or do they have to go to the RV lot? Thanks.
The Iron Horse has RV sites with hook-ups. Don't delay as I am sure there aren't many remaining. Tent camping is in the grass and groomed. No RV's are allowed in tent sites.

Made my reservation with Iron Horse yesterday. See you fellow XSers there this Fall. By the way, they are OUT of RV spaces, and spaces with an electrical only hookup. So I will be parking in a lot since vans are not allowed in the primitive camping area. They described it as a gravel lot, so it should be fine.

Made my reservation with Iron Horse yesterday. See you fellow XSers there this Fall. By the way, they are OUT of RV spaces, and spaces with an electrical only hookup. So I will be parking in a lot since vans are not allowed in the primitive camping area. They described it as a gravel lot, so it should be fine.
Thanks for the update. You'll be parked near all the action.

Just a quick update on the Iron Horse room reservations. Our exclusive reservations block ends March 15. After March 15th the Iron Horse will begin taking reservations for any remaining available accommodations from the non-vintage Yamaha general public.

Even if you are planning to stay in the Bunkhouse or Camp you should get with the I-H before March 15 to reserve and ensure you have a spot.

fyi:
Cabins are Sold Out
RV parking is Sold Out

What is still available as of Feb 23 is:
7 Bunkhouse Beds $30 a night
4 campsites with electric $25 a night +$5 each for extra people
15+ campsites $20 a night + $5 each for extra people

Also available are three of the Efficiencies. So get a buddy and split the cost. They are $300 a night. Each are setup differently with sleeper sofa and roll away so you'd need to ask about which efficiency would meet your needs.
Homestead 2
Lonestar I
Lonestar II

Hawg 1, 2, 3 is Not available on Friday night Sept 28 but Is available Sat night Sept 29 and Sun Sept 30. So if you are interested in Sat & Sun nights then call I-H to get more info on the Hawg room / efficiencies.

Rally dates Friday Sept 28th to Monday October 1st
Iron Horse motorcycle lodge Stecoah NC
www.ironhorsenc.com

or if you'd like to be offsite you can also check with Tuskeegee Motel for availability
www.tuskeegeemotel.com

So if you are at all interested in maybe / possibly / might be attending then be safe and reserve something now. You can cancel in July at no cost if your plans change.

Thanks,
the VYR planning team

A few of you should get together and rent the efficiencies. It's good to be staying on the property. Even if you're going to tent camp, please make a reservation at the Iron Horse. All of the space is going to sell out. Don't forget to RSVP at www.vintageyamaharally.com, so we can get a head count.
20170923_090140_resized.jpg
20170923_095425.jpg
20170923_090149_resized.jpg
20170923_132546_resized.jpg

Time is up. The resort is open to all on our weekend. Here's what's left.

6 bunkhouse beds, 4 electric tent sites and plenty of primitive camping.

Get it before the chrome crowd does!

All Motorcyclists and their passengers are operating their vehicles at their own risk. All attendees are expected to operate legally registered motorcycles with insurance coverages in force. All of those participating in rides or other functions during this weekend rally do so at their own risk.

VJMC has pulled their support from our rally. No explanation was given. Apparently, they don't like our rules, which are show up, ride bikes, and have fun. No detrimental effect is expected from their departure.

So I came to Bryson city on vacation with the family and just realized I’m like 20 miles from Stecoah. I’m so freaking excited for this. Will be returning in October

So I came to Bryson city on vacation with the family and just realized I’m like 20 miles from Stecoah. I’m so freaking excited for this. Will be returning in October
Bryson City is where you have to go to stock your cooler. Yep, it's awesome. Make a reservation now.

Back