2018 Vintage Yamaha Rally

The organizing group for the Vintage Yamaha Rally have set the design of the 2018 Rally Shirt!
We are accepting orders immediately.

The color of this drawing/art does not exactly depict the color of the shirt, it will be BLUE.

Payment by PayPal to: VYRShirtOrder@gmail.com
SS $15 – XXL add $2
LS $20 – XXL add $2
Shipping $8 -Will be mailed within 2 weeks following the event.
(If ordering more than one shirt to be shipped please send an e-mail requesting a quote for shipping cost)

Include your full name, and shirt size in your order.

Shirt Ordering Deadline: August 31st

RALLY TEE SHIRTS ARE PRE-SALE ONLY......

Keep in mind, we only buy shirts that were purchased in advance. We won't have a shirt sale at the rally. They will be waiting for you there.

We will deliver with proper spelling.
647FC14075234D938654FFFB169224AC (1).jpg

OK. I'm sorry for so many posts. You may order on the rally website.

The tee shirt sale is on. Go to http://vintageyamaharally.com/ Click "shop". If you're coming to the rally, there is a dropdown for shipping. Make the pick up at rally selection. Pre-sale only. No shirts for sale at the rally. If you want your shirt shipped, pay the shipping and it will be mailed in October. August 31 is the last day to order. Thanks

We're under 90 days out. How about some chatter! Surely, we can have more than five XS650's at this thing! Do you live in the Southeast? Less than a day ride? What's your excuse?
Vintage Yamaha Logo.jpg

We're under 90 days out. How about some chatter! Surely, we can have more than five XS650's at this thing! Do you live in the Southeast? Less than a day ride? What's your excuse?
View attachment 121524
I'm coming from St Louis to join the fun. After this I'm heading over to Alabama and Barber Vintage Moto weekend. You gotta enjoy the fun while the riding is good. Remember, once winter sets in it's a long wait.

Two bunkhouse beds remained as of last weekend. Tuskeegee Motel is 100% booked. This is going to be a good one for sure. Plenty of places to put up your tent. I hope we fill that too. IH is a great facility. You'll love it. It has a great bathhouse, too. Get out your tent, and make sure it won't leak. On site is where you want to be!

Alrighty....people have been making noise about a major bash this year and I am tired of missing out.

Sooo...I’ve checked my calendar and blocked off a couple of days before and after the weekend and my plan is to come this year and unless the stuff hits the fan in a serious way, ride my beloved Lucille to the event as well.

I suspect that one of my local colleagues (a loyal Forum member) will also come on a Yamaha of some vintage - but I will let him speak for himself.

Pete

Now we’ve just go to get two 42 year old motorcycles (and two considerably older riders) psyched up enough to ride couple of thousand kilometres....

I’ve got a couple of guys coming from Mississauga, ON. Maybe they can help. They’re on XS11’s. I don’t chase XS1100’s on the highway with a 650. The XS650 will get you to the end of the earth if you take your time. YMMV

Yup - as my Dad used to say...we’re off like a herd of turtles.
I did a 2000 mile trip once upon a time. The worst of it is I’m kinda big and the 650 is cramped.
Pick up US19 in Erie, PA. Ride it the whole way. It’s a great ride. 55-60 mph the whole way.

Thanks Marty - I’ll be pulling out the maps w. Lakeview and looking for roads like that. We’ll be starting essentially from Detroit, MI. Suggestions welcome!

This won’t be my first long ride on an XS650. Back in 1978 I rode my ‘75 B-model from Kingston to PEI, then around the Cabot Trail and back to Kingston via the US. It was a great trip on a great bike!

Pete

Pete and Lakeview, take a look at getting off of I-75 in Findlay OH (about 40 some miles south of Toledo). Take US 68 through Ohio to Maysville and on to Lexington KY. There is Dietsch's ice cream in Findlay and Young's Dairy out side of Yellow Springs OH (home of Antioch College). There is also a Yamaha dealership close to the junction of US-68 and I-71.

US-68 is an old Indian path that ran down to the salt licks around Maysville ( and hence to game). Later became a main N-S artery into Ohio. Most traffic nowadays runs the Cinci-Dayton-Toledo-Detroit corridor. Sidestep in Findlay and your blood pressure is guaranteed to decrease.

By Lexington KY the I-75 thins out and you can use it to head towards Knoxville TN. From there it's a playground. Have fun, stay safe.
ee

Last edited:
Back