Wow, thank you for your kind words Daniel, I am truly humbled.
This amazing place and it's members has helped me beyond measure to get her to where I have been able to enjoy some time in the saddle once again. Since mid July when I finally got things sorted I have put just over 2200 miles on........big grin.
Our season's winding down so now getting ready to do the starter gear fix and the top end.

With all her warts and scars she's no calendar girl but I love her just the same!

Just to be sure, I will nominate RobinC's nice '77D.
Hey, two nominations can't hurt, can it ? :)

25648.jpg

+1 (actually I mean, I pleased to second) all of those beautiful bikes nominated above!

Here are my three nominations:

Daniel Black: has truly done a transformation from rough to very pretty on Stella - his 1977 Standard. Daniel took Stella and the rest of us through the Valley of the Malfunctioning Charging System on amazingly tenacious journey. He is a man who taught us all the meaning of the words “thorough” and "determination". This bike is a daily rider as Daniel jousts with Phoenix traffic - so he really does have it sort out perfectly.
View attachment 107228

YamaDudeXS650C: A true gentleman who has contributed so much to our Forum through his beautiful camera tours of the rural Northeastern US and has been a solid technical contributor as well. 'Dude is one of those lucky ducks who owns quite a number of motorcycles (including one he parks in his living room...) and among them is a beautiful 1975 XS650B with that unique and sexy black, white and gold tank colour scheme which takes me back to my own 'B' which I have never stopped regretting selling.
View attachment 107229

Brassneck: A quiet and modest west-coaster who has built one of the cleanest and most tastefully effective XS650 Cafe Racers on the site out of a ratty old '79 Special. His bike has it all and when I was on a business trip to Seattle this year, I even had a chance to see it, sit on it and hear it run. The paint is magnificent, the engine is perfect, the set-up is meticulous and he has been generous with advice and help to many of us.
Brassneck and his bike have inspired me to transform my own 81' Special into a cafe bike - and many Forum members have contributed parts and advice.
View attachment 107230

Hey Pete, I like your nominations, but Brassneck had his bike featured in the Feb, 2016 calendar. It certainly is a beautiful bike.
http://www.xs650.com/attachments/2016_xs650_calendar3-jpg.59795/

Oh. Ok then -how about JohnnyC14s gorgeous machine?

Dang, I can’t find a picture....

Anybody got one? Johnny?

Oh man just saw this! Thanks for the nomination! If I get a second I'll accept, but I could hardly go up against many of the other fine bikes! Maybe we should do this once a month? LOL

Back