2019 XS650 Calendar Thread - NOMINATIONS

... I don't have any real recent shots, but I could take some. Nothing has changed much though. Although the bike appears pretty much stock, I've done just about all the little mods and updates we commonly apply to these to make them better...

Maybe you could do a "montage" of your custom tooling, like the grocery cart engine puller...

I wonder if Apexdc is still checking in.
(last seen: Jul 7, 2018)

http://www.xs650.com/threads/help-bring-an-old-flat-track-racebike-back-to-life.51319/

Prom Queen, from May 2018.
Apexdc-2018-05-13.jpg

Sent him a PM...

Last edited:
Skull, yes my son is a member. Kansas lineman
Not trying to be a pratt. Want to clarify the situation..........

Is your son a member of the site........Suppose to be site members to be able to be eligible for a nomination for the calendar.

Can an acceptance be done for someone else's bike other than your own????......as is the case here........Maybe Travis or gggGary can clarify
i accept the nomination and thanks for the second Willis!

Sweet looking ride, but you will need to try and reach out to him to see if he accepts the nomination. Looks like Crunch45 hasn't been here since Feb of 2016.

Sorry, I have been out of town and just getting back in the groove. Tried to reply, but not sure what happened.

I am really pleased with the nomination of Prom Queen and heartily accept! Thanks!

I had so much fun with the build and got so much help from this forum.

Sorry, I have been out of town and just getting back in the groove. Tried to reply, but not sure what happened.

I am really pleased with the nomination of Prom Queen and heartily accept! Thanks!

I had so much fun with the build and got so much help from this forum.
Best of Luck,
She's a beauty !!
If I were a younger man, I would ask if I could take her to the prom...;)

I may have to withdraw my self-nomination unless the pic I posted is good. The weather here is taking a turn for the worse and I'm not sure i'm going to be able to get a better quality picture.

Still got a bit of time, the voting hasn't started yet..........get some pics before the voting finishes, just in case you get in and if not there is always next year and you have the pics..........

Doesn't have to be sunny to get a good pic. In fact a cloudy day can make the bike look better and takes better pics..........Between showers can have a good effect and contrast because the air is clean and colors are heightened

If your not sure what pic to use just send in a few different ones Samoran1 will size them. He can't make them larger without distortion but he can resize smaller to suit

. With tablets and cameras today there should be no excuse...........Just make sure the Pic size is to the max and largest pixle size..........Don't crop, and if you want to do any Auto colors/contrast or use any of the features to alter the pic, make a copy first so to keep the original..........

You can do this.......

Sure it is about the bike and not necessarily the pic.........These calendars go all around the world and are not just seen by the members on the site. Just think of how many sheds, workshops, lounges and home bars these hang in and the friends of these people who are going to see your bike.........it's up to you.:thumbsup:

Back