1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

2019 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Travis, Oct 24, 2018.

1. hotshoe

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. robinc

49 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. gggGary

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  4. halfmile

53 vote(s)
    50.5%
  5. Ratranger

32 vote(s)
    30.5%
  6. OHRider

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  7. weekendrider

40 vote(s)
    38.1%
  8. rhysbud

30 vote(s)
    28.6%
  9. LEGEND_10

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  10. fredintoon

11 vote(s)
    10.5%
  11. girard

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  12. willis

28 vote(s)
    26.7%
  13. CBJamie

14 vote(s)
    13.3%
  14. plowboy1

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  15. Kansas lineman

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  16. Skip

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  17. 5twins

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  18. Apexdc

36 vote(s)
    34.3%
  19. 79XStLousi

25 vote(s)
    23.8%
  20. Crunch45

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  21. jradvantage

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  22. Vincenthdfan

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  23. Meddy

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  24. hooooolt

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  25. Boopduke

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  26. Ceed Klumper

31 vote(s)
    29.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. samoran1

samoran1 XS650 Addict

I use one main image that is a full size page (11.25" wide by 8.625" tall including a bleed) and I use 2-3 detail shots on the other page. The easiest way to explain it– for those unfamiliar with all the technical jargon– would be the actual camera raw photo files. Not the ones uploaded to the internet and then pulled off. This varies greatly depending on camera settings, export settings etc.

I get the actual camera photos, 9 out of 10 times they work just fine. I can resize them DOWN and crop very easily. Scaling them UP is a problem and creates pixelation and fuzziness. Travis is correct in that if they are 8MB and up (not KB) they should work fine.

gggGary and Jim like this.
  2. Apexdc

Apexdc It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Is there a pixel size we should work to? The photos I have taken of the bike look pretty good on my screen, but I don't know if they are good enough for you. My problem is that I am leaving tomorrow to drive in a race this weekend and it might be Monday before I can get better shots. It sounds like you need new shots right away. Thanks, David duczupa@gmail.com

gggGary and Jim like this.
  3. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Looks like we will have another great calendar this year. Thanks to all the contestants, for putting themselves out there, and Travis and Samoran 1 for making this yearly event happen. I look foward to having a new piece of garage art!

Travis, TwoManyXS1Bs, robinc and 2 others like this.
  4. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Right click on the picture file and select "properties." That will tell you the image size.

gggGary likes this.
  5. Apexdc

Thanks, I actually meant what target size we should look toward.

Thanks to everyone who voted for Prom Queen! It is an honor to be considered with such a great collection of bikes.

I love my bike, but I can't stop looking at jradvantage's black beauty! Lots of great bikes, but that's my personal favorite. So much nice detail work on that bike. The best part to me is that it looks like it could have all been done at the factory, just beautifully integrated.

jradvantage, gggGary, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  6. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

8MB or better. There is no "target size." When working images for print, the bigger the better. ;)

gggGary likes this.
  7. samoran1

samoran1 XS650 Addict

I didn't want to get too technical to avoid confusion. Computer screen images are at 72 DPI(dots per inch) and will show clearly. Print images need to be 300 DPI. 3375 px x 2588 px @ 300 dpi is a perfect size photo for main image. Most cameras will shoot at a lower resolution to conserve disk space but will be larger in pixels so you can scale down. Like I said I can scale down no problem. Monday will be fine to send.

I'm going to set up a shared drop box folder for images this year. I will have a folder for each winner. I will email you all the link. I think this will be better than emails.

Jim, Travis, robinc and 1 other person like this.
  8. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Here are the top 13 in order of votes:
    halfmile
    robinc
    weekendrider
    jradvantage
    hotshoe
    LEGEND_10
    gggGary
    OHRider
    Skip
    Vincenthdfan
    Apexdc
    Ratranger
    Ceed Klumper

14 and 15 are:
    rhysbud
    willis

MaxPete, TwoManyXS1Bs, robinc and 3 others like this.
  9. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Someone should probably verify that. :)

Jim likes this.
  10. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Congratulations to those whose bikes made the calendar !
    A very nice bunch, I'd say.

59Tebo, TwoManyXS1Bs, Skip and 3 others like this.
  11. CBJamie

CBJamie BIKE ADDICT

Yes Congratulation to all the calender winners, every one is very deserving of the honor.

TwoManyXS1Bs, Skip, robinc and 2 others like this.
  12. jradvantage

jradvantage XS650 Addict

Thanks for the kind words Apexdc. It’s gratifying to get recognition from members of a forum I have so much respect for.

The bikes on this page are a testament to the creativity of the people on this forum and to the XS650’s classic “bones”.

You can make these bikes into just about anything you want them to be. With a great knowledge base on this forum, sheer quantity of these bikes manufactured, and the aftermarket, the XS is the perfect bike to restore.

John (jradvantage)

13. Apexdc

Hi John, I just love what you did. It makes me think of the cool little Clubman single Honda, which is another favorite design.

Fortunately, many of the people who belong to my bike's history are still around, including the guy who painted it. It is going to be so much fun to send them each a calendar with no warning that it is coming. They have followed the restoration, but don't know about the calendar. I showed Prom Queen, in flat track mode. at the Quail Motorcycle Gathering in 2017 and will show her again after I make the street conversion. I hope to get them to come for the show. Thanks again to everyone on the forum! A great bunch of enthusiasts!

14. robinc

robinc Member of the 'yellow meter gang' Top Contributor

Wow…….thank you guys. I am blown away, and (almost) speechless. Thank you for the nomination Bob, Gary for your second, and all of you for your votes.

I never in my wildest dreams thought this old girl would grace the pages of our prestigious calendar, especially considering all the outstanding bikes that were nominated.
    That was never my end goal, however to be recognised like this by all of you is a real honour. As a dumb old rookie wrencher, I am truly humbled.

While I had a hand in it, I view this as ‘Team Recognition’. For without this place and all of you guys giving constant guidance, encouragement, direction and support, this would not have been possible. Gentlemen, thank you once again from the bottom of my heart for helping me to preserve this deserving ol’ gal.

Robin

15. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

You are very deserving of the recognition Robin. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

16. robinc

Thanks Bob.

MaxPete and Jim like this.
  17. Jim

Well... you didn't just win, you had the second highest vote count. As far as survivors go, you killed it.You earned it bro!!

MaxPete, TwoManyXS1Bs, robinc and 2 others like this.
  18. YamadudeXS650C

Congratulations Robin !!
    Your unending efforts have come to fruition.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Robin becoming speechless ? I don't think so...;)
    Maybe when....

upload_2018-11-1_15-52-43.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  19. YamadudeXS650C

Please bring Prom Queen to Central New York !!
    We would be thrilled.

MaxPete and Jim like this.
  20. robinc

Thanks Jim. I appreciate it and thanks again for your unending support and help.

Haha Dude, well...........

MaxPete, Mailman, Jim and 1 other person like this.