1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

2019 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Travis, Oct 24, 2018.

1. hotshoe

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. robinc

49 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. gggGary

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  4. halfmile

53 vote(s)
    50.5%
  5. Ratranger

32 vote(s)
    30.5%
  6. OHRider

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  7. weekendrider

40 vote(s)
    38.1%
  8. rhysbud

30 vote(s)
    28.6%
  9. LEGEND_10

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  10. fredintoon

11 vote(s)
    10.5%
  11. girard

22 vote(s)
    21.0%
  12. willis

28 vote(s)
    26.7%
  13. CBJamie

14 vote(s)
    13.3%
  14. plowboy1

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  15. Kansas lineman

20 vote(s)
    19.0%
  16. Skip

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  17. 5twins

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  18. Apexdc

36 vote(s)
    34.3%
  19. 79XStLousi

25 vote(s)
    23.8%
  20. Crunch45

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  21. jradvantage

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  22. Vincenthdfan

37 vote(s)
    35.2%
  23. Meddy

18 vote(s)
    17.1%
  24. hooooolt

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  25. Boopduke

9 vote(s)
    8.6%
  26. Ceed Klumper

31 vote(s)
    29.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Robin...she is certainly a beautiful piece of history... I am proud to say that you got my vote...
    Thank you to everyone who voted...not just for me...but for every nominee...we all have a piece of this calendar thru the democratic process ☺

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  2. robinc

robinc Member of the 'yellow meter gang'

Thanks Skip, and yours easily got mine. I will echo your comment about another great piece of history preserved. Well done!

MaxPete, gggGary, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  3. Skip

Skip XS 650 Screwturner

Thank you Robin...much appreciated

MaxPete, gggGary, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  4. Ratranger

Ratranger XS650 Addict

Thank you to everyone who voted for my bike. I know it isn't something everyone likes as I left nothing alone. It is an honor to have it included with the other great bikes that are here. From stock to modified there are some amazing bikes on this forum, and great people that are very helpful.

5. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Junkie

kansas
    I`d like to thank my friend Jim for the nomination and Tom and Gary for the second and express a very special thanks to all the members of this forum who participated in the voting and to Shawn and Travis for making all this possible. Again many thanks to everyone.

6. rhysbud

rhysbud XS650 Enthusiast

Thankyou to everyone who voted for my bike, i cannot believe i already have 30 votes. Kicking myself that i didn't take better pictures of her!!

7. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

@rhysbud, the voting ended on Wednesday. You were number 14, so the first runner up if someone doesn't get their photos to Shawn or drops out. I would try to have pictures ready if you can. In previous years people have failed to get their pictures in and the 14th spot was used.

MaxPete, robinc, Skip and 1 other person like this.
  8. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650

Hold your breath, Rhysbud !
    :)
    I think my '76 was something like 14th back in about 2016, although I probably have only 80% of my cerebral cortex still functioning compared to back then, so I might be wrong aboot that.....

Wulfbyte, MaxPete, Skip and 2 others like this.
  9. LEGEND_10

LEGEND_10 XS650 Member

Could some one please advise on where I need to upload my photos. I don't want to miss the cutoff!

Thanks

MaxPete likes this.
  10. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Junkie

kansas
    Shawn should have sent you a link to a Dropbox whatever that is and you put your pics there. I`m not sure if I did it right or not. I had to have someone smarter at computer stuff than I am to help me with it. I`m sure Shawn will let us know.:shrug:

MaxPete likes this.
  11. LEGEND_10

LEGEND_10 XS650 Member

Thanks, I have not received the link yet.

12. samoran1

samoran1 XS650 Addict

Reaching out: does anyone have any idea how to get some high resolution photos of Dan's (weekendrider) bike? I do not want to miss getting him in the calendar this year. Thanks in advance.

JimD54 likes this.
  13. These were taken from the site and levels adjusted and the combinations........if any can be used i can email the pic.

730 KB - 1200 x 936............Horizontal/vertical resolution 300 dpi......
    2g  Dan Pettit 1976 - El Reno Ok - Copy - Copy 3 Auto Levels.jpg

1.95 MB - 1991 x 1887................Horizontal/vertical Resolution 300 dpi
    dan pettit 4 - Copy.jpg

916 KB - 1116 x 900........horizontal/Vertical Res 72
    b l aIMG_20171021_120520_761 - Copy 3.jpg

752 KB 1054 x 790 Hor/Vert Res 300 dpi
    dan pettit 4 - Copy crop.jpg

1.6 MB 1694 x 1119 Hor/Vert Res 72 dpi
    21-10 2018 a 3 Auto levels.jpg

772 KB 1540 x 774 Hor/Vert/ Res 72
    0 21-10-2018 b1a Auto leverls.jpg

Wulfbyte, GLJ, TwoManyXS1Bs and 2 others like this.
  14. Apexdc

Apexdc It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Please bring Prom Queen to Central New York !!
    We would be thrilled.

I would love to bring her back! But, it's a tiny tank and I'm not sure I'm tough enough to ride in your weather!!

Serious thanks for the invitation! I really hope to be able to show her at the Quai Motorcycle Gathering in 2019. Here is the link to the show:

https://signatureevents.peninsula.com/en/Motorcycle/Motorcycle.html

Anyone who LOVES motorcycles should make an effort to go to, or take a bike to this show.

They have tried to make it the Pebble Beach of motorcycles, so there will be bikes there from some of the finest collections and from the top custom builders. But, the wonderful part is the organizers love every kind of cool bike. They even have a scotter class! You have to submit your bike to be accepted, so they do have some standards, but I have shown three bikes there over the past couple of years and none of them were expensive collector items. Many of the bikes in the calendar could easily get in.

The show is strongly supported by the industry and press. It is in a beautiful setting and they even include a great lunch with your ticket. I mean a very high quality buffet with real plates and such. It's just a very special event.

So, if I chicken out on taking Prom Queen back to see you guys, maybe you can hop on a plane next summer and come out west!

Thanks again and hope to see you there!

David

TwoManyXS1Bs and JimD54 like this.
  15. I just now saw that I was no 13! Will take pictures later this week, will have to pull out all the stops to try and measure up to the beautiful other 650's. Great honor to have been voted in, thanks to all who voted for 'The blue '76'.

TwoManyXS1Bs, JimD54, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  16. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before parked

Congratulations to halfmile for another build that captured the Cover Girl spot and most of all to those who entered
    and those who won. This will be another winner.

17. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Junkie

kansas
    Thanks Tom. I don`t know how many more of these I`ll have time to build although I`ve still got room for a Cafe Racer, Hill Climber, Drag Bike, Board Tracker, Side Car, Bobber, Chopper, Rat Bike, and who knows maybe even a Restoration too????????:doh:

P.S. I forgot about the dual engine Salt Flat Streamliner:shootme:

TwoManyXS1Bs, Boog, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  18. MrBultaco

gracer's boardtracker would be hard to beat...imho

I'll make a prediction and say your 'no theme build' will be tops next year with competition from the XS650P, if completed.

JimD54 likes this.
  19. halfmile

halfmile XS650 Junkie

kansas
    Your right about Gracer`s Board Tracker. All hand built really counts for something in my book. I bought a VooDoo Vintage rear section a couple years ago but haven`t done anything with it yet. I think I saw Gracer`s build on CL for sale sometime back. Paul Robson`s tracker was "Top of the Line" too.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MrBultaco likes this.
  20. MrBultaco

I forgot about Rehar's also. That might be the first computer build here. :thumbsup:
    Both of Robsons bikes were something else. We could go on and on and it would be worth it. :bike: