1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured 2021 XS650 calendar *OFFICIAL* Thread - PHASE 1: Nominations - Through Sept 13!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by samoran1, Sep 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomervilleXS650

SomervilleXS650 XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Whoa! While Bonnebobber is clearly a beautiful build, I’m gonna have to pledge my allegiance to Team Scrambler. That bike is awesome!! Well done kawabunga. Consider this a nomination

Jim and kawabunga like this.
  2. SomervilleXS650

@DogBunny I think that’s a fantastic idea. I would second that all day

Jim and kawabunga like this.
  3. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

DB congrats on your chopper. fantastic job. Bet 2M was having flashbacks

My post is not in reply to either of you guys. using them as an example only on the enthusiasm expressed

Both of these bike on their own are visually outstanding and beautiful examples of what can be done to our XS's

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket...............but, (always a but),...............multiple bike entries, as 2 singles, or as a stable of bikes, has been rejected in past years.
    The enthusiasm of the posts quoted, show how it would give the owner an unfair advantage.... Both of these bikes, as a single entry are worthy in their own right

I propose that next year the calendar could have a stable theme...........even if one, or all of the stable has been in a recent Calendar, they could still be entered and up for a vote.

Was it last year or the year before this was opinion-ed when someone had an XS1, XS2, and a TX or XS1B, as a stable, was nominated but was refused...........

I vote for a collection/stable of bikes in a future Calendar. Then it would be a level playing field.................

My :twocents::twocents:

My nominations.

Home Build
    http://www.xs650.com/threads/xs701-build.57482/
    [​IMG]

SAFU

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. SAFU

SAFU XS650 Enthusiast

Thanks!! I accept the nomination :bike:

YamadudeXS650C, gggGary, Jim and 3 others like this.
  5. Denisesewa

Denisesewa XS650 Addict

6. SomervilleXS650

upload_2020-9-5_8-0-51.gif

Jkjkjk Skull :laugh:

I hadn’t really considered that, and I would actually agree with you. Maybe single versus stable is like apples and oranges. I do think that a stable theme could be really cool for a future calendar though.

TwoManyXS1Bs, gggGary and Jim like this.
  7. SomervilleXS650

Second SAFU. Awesome bike

SAFU, gggGary and Jim like this.
  8. Home build

Home build XS650 Member

Thanks for the nomination, I accept.

gggGary, DogBunny and Jim like this.
  9. Glenn R

Glenn R XS650 Member XS650.com Supporter

Glenn Rumburg Wooster, OHIO 1972 XS2. All original, including 1972 Ohio XS license plate. Purchased from estate of friend and fellow 650 fanatic after being displayed in his family room for 26 years. Was will him when he purchased from original owner in 1990.

7000 miles. Purchased from friend's estate after being displayed in his family room for 26 years. Was with him in 1990 when he purchased from original

Attached Files:

10. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

Skull, I completely understand your point. My apologies for breaking the entry rules, I must have missed that note in the explanation post. I now see how it could be unfair and I didn’t mean anything malicious by posting it. I just got excited! :) I hope this doesn’t disqualify me for the original nomination.

samoran1, whynot2, gggGary and 3 others like this.
  11. kawabunga

kawabunga XS650 Addict

I’ll second Glenn R, what a stunner!

gggGary, Jim and SomervilleXS650 like this.
  12. 68E916BD-4CA1-454C-BD85-6384B3BED30E.jpeg Would respectfully submit my somewhat stock “76 for consideration for the calendar.

13. Glenn R

Glenn R XS650 Member XS650.com Supporter

Kawabunga. Thanks for the second!

14. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

15. SAFU

SAFU XS650 Enthusiast

I second Home Build, very impressed with the build, also second kawabunga & Bushyeyed1

16. Denisesewa

Denisesewa XS650 Addict

17. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    gggGary and Jim like this.
  18. Here's a shot of my XS tracker style. The frame is 1979 but the engine is 1972-1979. Big bore 750 kit and 34mm round slide Mikuni's make it scat pretty good! It you stare hard enough at the starter button, it will start! I am SELF NOMINATING for the 2021 calendar. Hopefully others will think it is cool too!!!??? I will gladly share any and/or all particulars about this build with anyone who may be interested. Semper Fi....... XS650.jpg

TwoManyXS1Bs, Boog, gggGary and 8 others like this.
  19. Bushyeyed1

Bushyeyed1 Cafe Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I will second Fastestoldwheelieguy’s 79 tracker

gggGary and jetmechmarty like this.
  20. willis

willis xsive compulsive disorder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Man, sure are a lot of new bikes here coming out of the woodwork! This 2021 calendar seems to have re-energized a lot of members that have been dormant a while. Love seeing the fresh meat on display. Wish there were some build threads on a lot of these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.