2017 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Which XS650s would you like to see in the 2017 XS650 Calendar?

• JayR

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • wrenchjohns

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • fjzr04

Votes: 39 27.5%
  • gentlemanjim.

Votes: 44 31.0%
  • pckopp

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Halfmile

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • yamadudeXS650C

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • VonFuct

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • Shenanigans

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Paulrxs650

Votes: 64 45.1%
  • phil1rowe4

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • Wingedwheel

• SEd27

Votes: 39 27.5%
  • KryptoKnight

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Gracer

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Vincenthdfan

Votes: 40 28.2%
  • schlakeandbake308

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Artek

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • MrBultaco

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Michaelo

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • DanielBlack

• littlebill31

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Lance Weersma

Votes: 26 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Vote for the XS650s you'd like to see in the 2017 XS650 Calendar!

It's time to Vote!

This will be the fifth year for the XS650 Calendars! As usual, Shawn (samoran1) is the person putting them together for us. It was a quick round of nominations and the ones that were nominated, seconded, and accepted are ready to be voted on. There are 23 this year. Click here to see the nomination thread.

This is the voting thread. There will be 13 bikes in the calendar (the calendar will include January 2018). The bike with the most votes will be on the cover and also have its own month (like last the last 3 years). Voting will end on November 29th. You can vote for as many bikes as you want. Only existing members will be able to vote. Accounts created after the time of this post won't be able to vote.

Nominees, feel free to post more photos and details of your bike in this thread. If you want me to replace any of the photos in this post, let me know. I used what was provided in the nomination thread. I will post up to two photos of each bike in this post. You can add more in this thread.

For the top 13: To get these calendars printed and shipped on time, samoran1 needs all of the pictures for the calendar asap. He will set a deadline. Once the voting is underway, if you see you're doing well, get your pictures and information ready to send. You will need to send 3 or 4 high quality photos of your bike with no logos or watermarks (min dimension to be posted later) and your name, location, bike year/model, and SHORT bike bio via email to Shawn. He'll post his information when the voting is done. You need to be the owner of the photos or have permission to use the photos for the calendar. In the event that people are unable to supply photos in time, the next runner up will be included instead. So the close runners up (14, 15 and 16) may wish to have photos ready to send in.

After the voting is complete and the calendar is put together, a thread will be created with the final product and a link to an ordering page. There will be a limited time to order, so check back often for the ordering thread. A link to the ordering thread will be posted in this thread as well as on the main page.

Thank you to everyone who has helped make this calendar happen so far!

Here are the nominations. Vote using the poll above.

JayR
full

full

wrenchjohns
full

fjzr04
full

full

gentlemanjim
full

pckopp
full

Halfmile
full

full

yamadudeXS650C
full

full

VonFuct
full

full

Shenanigans
full

full

Paulrxs650
full

full

phil1rowe4
full

full

Wingedwheel
full

full

SEd27
full

KryptoKnight
full

Gracer
full

Vincenthdfan
full

schlakeandbake308
full

full

Artek
full

full

MrBultaco
full

full

Michaelo
full

full

DanielBlack
full

full

littlebill31
full

Lance Weersma
full

full

Last edited:
You can vote for as many bikes as you want.
But we will only be able to vote once per member?
Meaning as soon as I hit the cast my vote button that is it?
Or will I be to vote for one 13 different times?

Check as many as you want, then cast your vote. If it isn't allowing you to check more than one, let me know and I'll check the permissions.

Edit: I misunderstood what you were asking. It's been a long day! Once you cast your vote that's it, so you can't vote on the poll more than once, change your votes later, or vote multiple times for the same person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to everyone. There are some nice machines on the list. It is an honour to be nominated with such a talented group of builders.

Here is are a couple additional pics of my 1979-2F Restomod. It was my first build and took a little over ten years to finish.

SEd27

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0265.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0259.JPG

Last edited:
Those sure are some beautiful bikes - but I'd like to see Mailman's very classy looking standard in grey with pinstripes....

Maybe next year guys... get those nominations in early.

Good group of bikes this year for sure.

OK - now (and I'm sure this is all made clear somewhere else...) - how do I order and when can I do it?

Thanks,

Pete

After the voting is complete and the calendar is put together, a thread will be created with the final product and a link to an ordering page. There will be a limited time to order, so check back often for the ordering thread. A link to the ordering thread will be posted in this thread as well as on the main page.

Travis
I think Gracie is a pretty unique bike, good for the calendar, but as you scroll down the photos you don't see the name. This makes it harder to get its supply of votes. I would hate to see it miss the calendar for the wrong reasons.
I hope you can help.
Cheers
Xstim

For get the above problem. Just my apple product screwing up
Lots of great bikes. Should be a good calendar

Thank you all for the nomination and for the votes, I really appreciate it. Here are some more pics of the bike....
IMG_7081.jpg
IMG_7082.jpg
IMG_7083.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7084.jpg
    IMG_7084.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_7088.jpg
    IMG_7088.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_7089.jpg
    IMG_7089.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_7091.jpg
    IMG_7091.jpg
    692.5 KB · Views: 502
XS650 TRACKER 052-001.JPG
View attachment 91602 View attachment 91602
XS650 TRACKER 046-001.JPG
Feb. Street Tracker 024-001.JPG
Feb. Street Tracker 027-001.JPG
Feb. Street Tracker 031-001.JPG
Thanks to everyone for the interest in my tracker build and for the votes. It`s great to know your work is appreciated by other members of this forum. Here are a few better pics. Thanks again, Halfmile.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nomination...a few more pics for JayR:

IMG_8465.JPG
IMG_8462.JPG
IMG_8464.JPG
IMG_8461.JPG
IMG_8457.JPG
IMG_8466.JPG

Full album of the KryptoKnight 1981 XS650 old school chopper build is here: http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/big-red-devil-81-old-school-xs-650.2813/
  • I cut off everything that didn't make it go faster, stop faster or invite tickets... and then I cut a few of those off too.
  • This is designed to be what someone who bought a new 1981 XS650SH would have built, in 1981, to create a 1970s style chopper, old-school style.
  • 19" overall longer than stock with 4" stretch and 2" drop hard tail, with 6.5" backbone stretch, gooseneck and 45 degree raked out custom springer.
  • 750cc high-compression engine with lots of racing bits added, with PAMCO PMA and emulated points kit, and tuned muffler. Big fat rear tire on HD 60-spoke 16"x5.5" fat chrome wheels using offset cam to drive that big tire under West Coast Choppers chopped fender. Antique jockey shifter I found in a reclaimed hardware store that spoke to me, so I used coal and drill augers throughout as structural elements to emphasize the hardware aspect, and created a custom linkage for the use of the heavy cast iron shifter that inspired the paint and name.
I'll stop saying "custom". Pretty much the whole bike is custom except the carbs and clutch lever (which I left stock, chipped paint and all, because character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back