1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Featured 50 Years of the Yamaha XS650 - Paris Ontario - June 2020

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MaxPete, Jun 27, 2019.

1. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Update: 4/9/20:

DEAR ALL:

Word came down this morning that the 2020 CVMG Paris National Rally has been canceled until approx. the same dates next year in June 2021.

Obviously this is a disappointment and I apologize to all those who made travel plans.
    _________

It has just been announced that the featured marque of the 2020 Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (CVMG) Rally will be.... the Yamaha XS650!

[​IMG]

The CVMG Rally is a big deal with hundreds / thousands of bikes and attendees, contests for various classes of bikes, riding events and a very large swap meet. The event will be held in the pretty little town of Paris Ontario which is southwest of Toronto on June 18-21, 2020. There are some local hotels but many people camp on the local fairgrounds where the Rally has been held for the last 47 years.

Check it out at: www.cvmg.ca

Plan to be there to meet other XS650 enthusiasts, buy and sell bikes, parts and stuff and have a great time celebrating our favourite motorcycle!

More details to follow as they become available.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2020
  2. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

How could you beat that ! What fun .,
    ;)

3. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Indeed Randy - and this rally is going to be....YUGE...the biggliest and most best!

gggGary and Jim like this.
  4. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

Thanks for the hot tip MaxPete !
    This idea just replaced my Isle of Mann dream .. INSPIRING !
    :D

gggGary, Jim and MaxPete like this.
  5. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before being parked Top Contributor

Colorado
    Well Pete, you have almost a whole year to get your cafe build done...:thumbsup:

6. MaxPete

Indeed - and you're not the first person to point that out Mr. B....:rolleyes:

gggGary, peanut, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  7. fredintoon

fredintoon Fred Hill, S'toon. Top Contributor

Hi Pete,
    the last time I rode my XS650 to the Paris Rally it was new, I was only middle-aged and living in Pinawa MB.
    I reckon that trailering my XS650 sidecar rig to Paris from Saskatoon and back will be too much for an 82 year old
    and alas, I'm too cheap to fly.
    But Gawd! I'm tempted.

8. MaxPete

....but you're not just ANY 82 year old Fred!

9. Grimmith

Grimmith Samurai

Iowa
    ...GOING!!:yikes:

gggGary and MaxPete like this.
  10. motormike

motormike XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Mpls
    ….. dang.. closest I ever got to our friends to the north....who I blame for the Siberian Express every January.. really.. 25 frick'n below... was a Hibbing, MN...

gggGary, Greyandridin and MaxPete like this.
  11. MaxPete

But Mike - we are SOUTH of Minnesota!

Bring your cop bike - it will be a YUGE hit!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    gggGary and TwoManyXS1Bs like this.
  12. DoubleE

DoubleE life behind bars

Often thought of doing the Lake Erie Loop. This is very tempting. Keep us all posted.

gggGary, Greyandridin and MaxPete like this.
  13. Gator xs2

Gator xs2 XS650 Addict

FL
    5D154858-DBBB-4B07-B3AE-56445F9BCAD7.jpeg Canada? I don’t even have a passport. Even if I did. My dogs would never let me go anyway.

gggGary, Machine, MrBultaco and 2 others like this.
  14. 2XSive

2XSive At least one screw loose behind the handle bars XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Michigan
    It'd be about a six hour ride from N. Michigan....passport in hand. Seriously tempted....

gggGary and MaxPete like this.
  15. MaxPete

Do it!!! Excellent beer and Pamela Anderson!

gggGary likes this.
  16. 2XSive

2XSive At least one screw loose behind the handle bars XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Michigan
    Say no more. On my calendar.

gggGary likes this.
  17. Gator xs2

Gator xs2 XS650 Addict

FL
  18. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Ummm….you do know she is in her 50's now......right?

19. MaxPete

....so are we Rudi....or more.

gggGary likes this.
  20. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I'm just sayin' she don't look like that anymore....that's all...